TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

LCD TV: No color w/ DVD's?

by ENAMWL / December 26, 2007 2:21 AM PST

So I was lucky enough to get a LCD TV (LG 32" LC7D) for Xmas and I hooked it up last night to my DVD player, but for some reason I don't have color when watching DVDs. The cables (yellow, white, red dealies) worked fine on my old TV, so I'm tending to think it's the new LCD TV that's somehow now working right. I've followed the directions and put the cables into the right holes, so that's not it.

I have color when watching TV, I had color when watching DVD's using the same cables on my old TV. Do I need better/new cables to hook up the DVD to the new TV or have people heard about this issue before? Any help would be appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LCD TV: No color w/ DVD's?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LCD TV: No color w/ DVD's?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LCD connections
by Dan Filice / December 26, 2007 2:32 AM PST

My first suggestion would be to change how you have your DVD player connected to your LG LCD TV. Get rid of the yellow RCA video cable, and either use HDMI (if your DVD player has this option) or use Component (requires three RCA-type cables for video). Other than that, check in your DVD menu to see how it is setup to output video. Regardless which connections you use, you need to go into the DVD player's setup meny and identify which video output you are using. Then make sure you go into your TV setup menu and identify which proper video input you are using for the DVD. Make sure both the DVD output and TV inputs match.

Collapse -
Bingo!
by dinox64 / December 26, 2007 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: LCD connections

Doesn't get much easier than Dan explained. Gone are the days of just connecting and going. Need to set up now-a-days. Don't need to spend lots of money on cables either. Branding is just that,branding.

Collapse -
Thanks
by ENAMWL / December 26, 2007 1:37 PM PST
In reply to: Bingo!

Thanks for the speedy replies. You're both right; inexpensive new cables were all that was needed--some were up to $100, but I was able to get some for $25 that do the trick.

Thanks again.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.