Samsung forum

General discussion

LCD TV model # LN46B650T1FXZA

by dlp1195 / April 2, 2011 10:35 AM PDT

This problem might have been discussed but I did not find anything on it. I have colored lines running up and down my screen. I have only had the TV for 18 months and for the 1600 dollars I paid that don't seem like that good of service out of it. I have contacted Samsung and have got no where since the warranty is out. I have seen where a lot of people have this problem at about the same time so there seems to be a problem that Samsung won't admit to and fix. I have always bought Samsung products but with this experience I doubt if I will ever buy another one or recommend Samsung to anyone ever again.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LCD TV model # LN46B650T1FXZA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LCD TV model # LN46B650T1FXZA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
To see if there is help to be had. Please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2011 11:02 AM PDT

When you post this sort of story, always add your TRANSACTION number so the case can be reviewed.

As to the short warranties today, that's a problem.

Collapse -
samsung ln46b650t1fxza screen problem
by SullyMD / December 5, 2011 9:58 PM PST

My television is experiencing the same problem after approximately 18 months as well. Television repair person to arrive today and diagnose issue. Cannot find any mention of this problem on Samsung site. Saw one other mention on another website that identifies replacement of LCD display board for $1600 as the solution.

Collapse -
Panel needs to be replaced
by Jen_zee / February 5, 2013 5:05 AM PST

I have the same problem, I was told that the panel has to be replaced. Of course the tv is out of warranty and the part alone is $750. That plus labor will put the repair close to $1000. I agree with you that this has to be a known issue with Samsung that they are refusing to admit/fix.

Collapse -
Samsung TV Issue
by mxpilot722 / February 19, 2015 4:13 AM PST

I had the same problem after only 4 years...yours was way shorter. I am currently in a complaint against Samsung because they did not want to resolve the issue with the TV. Not sure if you got it resolved but I would recommend filing a complaint anyways to see if you get anywhere. It's just good to make the complaint so that the consumer affairs dept. is aware of product problems and that Samsung just denies all liability of selling a defective product (that's my opinion. You can download and print the PDF complaint form right here:

Samsung's home electronics division is in New Jersey.

Anyway....give it a try still even though it has been a while.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.