Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Audio & Video Software

Question

latest flash player stuttering

by audiosonic / December 4, 2011 11:39 PM PST

hi people so,my problem is that every time i watch anything that uses flash it plays fine for about 20 secs and then stutter like there is no tomorrow.i tried just about everything,even uninstalled flash and installed it again . my setup is :OS : windows XP PRO 32 bit with SP3as a web browser i usually use chrome . i know it comes with a flash player and i even tried enaballing and disabelling flash from the plugins settings,and nothing.my version of chrome is the latest : 15.0.874.121 i also have firefox and IE on my computer so if someone has a recomenadation that has to do with the other browser i'd be happy to hear. one thing and i think that that is the cause of the issue is that my computer which i use only for internet is : Intel celeron M1.4 Ghz ,with 1.12 GB of ram.i know it's not the best computer in the world but thats all i have at the mo and i think that my computer is too old for the latest version,and correct me if i'm wrong. if that is the problem, can anyone maybe tell me what is the correct version for this kind of setup? please help me solve that problem,it just drives me crazy . any help would be aprreiciatedLike (0)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: latest flash player stuttering
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: latest flash player stuttering
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try this.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 5:01 AM PST

Flash problems on video playback have been common recently and on most occasions, (but not all), a simple setting change will fix it.

So try this. Head over to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and test Flash. Once the test animation has finished, right click the animation area and select Settings. Find the setting for "Enable hardware acceleration" and disable it. Click close.

You only have to do this once and it sets it for all browsers where Flash is installed.

Close the browser, re-open it and test with your online videos.

Mark

Collapse -
cheers
by audiosonic / December 5, 2011 11:18 AM PST
In reply to: Try this.

thanks for the reply mark

Collapse -
Let's hear about the VIDEO MODE.q
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 11:45 AM PST
In reply to: cheers

A member was chasing this for a very long time. Turns out they had XP's accessabiliy feature turned on. Another time the member had the video mode at 16 bit.

Keep writing.

Collapse -
sorry for the ignorance
by audiosonic / December 5, 2011 12:59 PM PST

but how and where do i check that accessabiliy feature and video mode and what do they need to be in order to not have those issues ?

Collapse -
Accessibility options
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 7:15 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Official Fix for "Flash Player 11 Stutters" Bug
by drshi / June 25, 2012 3:57 PM PDT

This is not the fault of the user's system. Adobe's recommendation is to roll your Flash Player back to version 10.3 until their engineers solve this problem and issue a new (ver 12) update. To roll back to 10.3, start here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4514255

click on

"Flash Player 11.3 Audio Update"

and follow the instructions to do a clean uninstall of ver 11 and then install ver 10.3. This will eliminate all playback problems until ver 12 is released.

To make sure you do not let auto update reinstall the faulty ver 11, make sure you change your update settings to "prompt" rather than "auto."

Collapse -
Another working solution: rollback to 11.1
by zeta-alpha / January 4, 2013 7:13 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
More than one instance of Flash installed?
by iforster / July 9, 2012 3:27 AM PDT

I found the solution to this problem, that worked for me, here.
In short:
In Chrome go to: <font face="Courier New">chrome://plugins/</font>
Then disable all previous Flash plugins listed, keep the current one Enabled. Reload the page, Try if the problem is solved.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.