Peripherals forum

Resolved Question

Laserjet 5N "Fuser Erro: Cycle Power" Message

by charmedlife417 / January 27, 2013 3:45 AM PST

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight here.

I have two HP Laserjet 5N's, one to use and one for parts. These are AWESOME printers and rarely break.

About a week ago I got the error message: "50 Fuser Error: Cycle Power". I swapped the Fuser from the other printer, and still got the error message. Then I swapped the big power supply on the bottom from the other printer: Same error message.

A few questions:

1) Is there a difference between a High-Voltage Power Supply and a Low-Voltage Power Supply?
2) If so, does my HP 5N have one of each?
3) If so, can someone send me a procedure and repair instructions on how to locate and replace the Low-Voltage Power Supply on an HP Laserjet 5N. The one I replaced is apparently known as the High-Voltage Power Supply. (Diagrams or schematics or pictures or even a video would be helpful.)
4) Also, is there someplace online I can download a FREE version of the HP repair manual for this unit? If so, could someone send me the link?

Thanks Very Much,
CharmedLife417

charmedlife417 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laserjet 5N "Fuser Erro: Cycle Power" Message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laserjet 5N "Fuser Erro: Cycle Power" Message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by charmedlife417

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 2:34 AM PST

But I just let HP fix those things. We get so many years that if the repair comes back at more than the printer we get the new printer.

There is a web site called fix your own laser printer that may have more for those that want to dive inside a printer.
Bob

Collapse -
Bob, thanks
by charmedlife417 / January 28, 2013 7:32 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry.

Actually, I did find that website and have now fixed the printer for free, and learned a few things in the process.

I prefer to fix things myself, which I did here at no cost. When these printers are working right, they run for a year w/o a checkup for the cost of about a $30.00 toner cartridge that will run 8000-10,000 copies. My kind of printer.

Thanks, Though,
Scott

Collapse -
I hear you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 7:35 AM PST
In reply to: Bob, thanks

We don't let our printers go for long without a maintenance cycle. That is we pull the carts out, paper trays and get the canned air over the usual places then put it back. Paper dust is a lot more damaging than most will write about.

Good you found that other site.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.