Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Laptop won't connect to the internet?

by robindg10 / April 17, 2010 9:38 AM PDT

Ok real quick, I have tried everything I know but no cigar. I called my ISP tech support, they said it must be a fauly connector on the laptop? Took it to GEEK squad (best buy) they said it must be a sofware issue because they couldn't get it to connect via wireless (eliminating the bad connector theory. Geek squad gave me a "System Analyzer Report" and it showed the system to be clean except for 43 TRACKING COOKIES, they hi-lighted a cookie called "RED SHERIFF COOKIES" does that mean anything to anyone? They also told me the only way to fix this issue was to backup my files, delete/clean up everything and then reinstall my back up files (about 7-10 days) Seriously, does anyone think there is an easier solution, something that I can do?

Any help would be great.....

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop won't connect to the internet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop won't connect to the internet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So what happens
by Jimmy Greystone / April 17, 2010 10:31 AM PDT

So what happens exactly when you try and connect to the Internet? And the Best Buy thing is a load of crap. You don't need to format for a tracking cookie. Even if it were a flash cookie, you could delete it without having to format.

We need more to go on about the symptoms of your problem.

Collapse -
Network connection, but no internet connection?
by robindg10 / April 17, 2010 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: So what happens

This is a laptop that is connected to a network, it was working great one day, then nothing. When I go into Control Panel/networks it has a computer icon, then a network icon then a globe icon, it shows a connection between my computer and the network and a big red X from the network to the globe icon. Again, I have reviewed all of the settings, but it just says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

??????

Collapse -
cannot connect to network...
by Papa Echo / April 17, 2010 5:46 PM PDT

OK. with the computer connected to the network... at the place where you see your computer being connected to the Network and the big red X, on the left side of thee screen, you will see a line which says "Manage Network Connections"... click on that.... You will now see the type of connections availablle to your computer. Right click on the one which says ..."...local connection... if disabled, then enable....if disconnected, then connect.... You may like to click on 'diagnose' and see what happens...or click at 'status' which may give you a clue...

Collapse -
Fixed
by robindg10 / April 18, 2010 3:00 PM PDT

Thanks for the info, I had already tried the "Diagnose" feature in the area you mentioned, but it said it could n't be fixed? I did however click on one of the network settings and noticed the Auto Find DNS option wasn't clicked, I clicked on it and it solved the problem.

Thanks

Collapse -
But...
by Papa Echo / April 18, 2010 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Fixed

..you said you have checked all the settings ? Selecting "auto find" DNS - you mean "Obtain DNS servers address automatically" ? That may not be a good option if your ISP has provided with you the preferred DNS addresses to use ...

Collapse -
Have a read
by peacox / April 17, 2010 6:21 PM PDT

of this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article KB928233

Collapse -
there is no issue with laptop connectors
by fazalrehman / April 18, 2010 12:34 AM PDT

since u have described that your laptop is connected with the local network but not connected with the big globe of internet. it reflects that your laptop connectors are ok whether it is connected through wireless or lan. the fault is in internet settings. you should contact to your isp. bcz u should confirm the settings described by your isp. there may be some issue with the router u have or dns configurations.

Collapse -
Fixed......
by robindg10 / May 7, 2010 2:01 PM PDT
In reply to: So what happens

After many hours/days of looking at every setting, I found the problem.....

For some reason when the computer is shut off the internet protocol (TCP/IP) properties change, disconnecting my access? I resolved the issue by clicking on "Obtain DNS server automatically" option everytime it happens.

Now I know how to correct the setting, it works great.

Thx everyone

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.