Dell forum

General discussion

laptop screen is cloudy

by johankins6468 / July 11, 2009 6:16 AM PDT

I was away for two months and my laptop was stored in a dry secure location in my hutch. regular temp in home of 72F.

upon my return I charged and restarted my Dell Inspiron 1150.

my screen looks like it has waterspots and the whole outerpart except for a 6 X 6 center of screen looks like it is cloudy.

can the screen be opened up and wiped off (if it is a double screen, I mean internal screen with a additional protective screen that means there is a two part view area where the inside can be cleaned) or is my only option a replacement.

if so, any idea of cost and can I remove it and replace it myself?

thanks to anyone who knows. I tried to be descriptive

jerry

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: laptop screen is cloudy
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: laptop screen is cloudy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
For example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2009 1:19 AM PDT

Over at dell.com is your documentation at http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1150/sm/display.htm

Seems clear to me but few would do this. Parts are obtained from dell by calling their parts department. If you want to reduce frustration do your research on your laptop documentation and get the part numbers ready before the call.
Bob

Collapse -
cloudy laptop screen
by johankins6468 / July 15, 2009 12:42 PM PDT
In reply to: For example.

thanks for the informative reply.
I contacted DELL and guess what I think I need another brand!
refurbished screen is 279.oo + 179.00 for repair and S&H. they wont give a better price on this 4 yrs old laptop screen or allow me, even though I can do the repair to purchase a reasonably priced acreen.
a local repair facility is replacing it for me for 100.00 + 50.00 for the service by a tech and offer a WARRANTY also!

so thanks for the help, and reply, bus as for MR DELL and his cohorts:

//// MR. DELL find another uninformed consumer that will be crazy like me and purchase three laptops and a desktop with printers and very beefed up computers to earn you the undeserved thousands of dollars I SPENT. Where is your loyalty to your livelyhood and the decency of a "customer service"///

TO those reading this beware of who you trust!

Collapse -
Sorry but I didn't see those prices as out of line.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2009 10:09 PM PDT
In reply to: cloudy laptop screen

You may be from today's newer owners that are benefiting and enjoying lower cost machines. No where does this translate into lower national depot repair costs.

And there is no Dell exclusive when it comes to repair costs. You'll scream as you discover how much to fix those new HDTVs.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.