Laptops forum

General discussion

Laptop Lenovo-Keyboard problem!!

by KarinaLehmann / October 13, 2007 11:31 PM PDT

Hi everyone,

I recently got a problem using my laptop. It's a 3000-N-100 Lenovo model and every time I try to write letter "u" it comes number "4". When I write letter "i" it comes number "5", when I write "o" it comes "6", when I write "j" it comes "1", when I write "k" it comes "2" and when I write "l" it comes "3".

I don't really get what I did wrong, but now I can't write and I don't know how to repare it.

Do you know what to do?

Thanks! Karina

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop Lenovo-Keyboard problem!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop Lenovo-Keyboard problem!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your NUMLOCK is ON.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2007 12:58 AM PDT

It's not a bug. Too bad you didn't tell what OS you run or I could tell you exactly (or a link) on how to fix it without tapping NUMLOCK.

Bob.

Collapse -
Another little problem with my print machine
by KarinaLehmann / October 14, 2007 7:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Your NUMLOCK is ON.

Hi everyone,

The Laptops keyboard problem it's already solved.

By the way, now I'm worried about a problem I have with my print machine. It doesn't work right. Everytime I want to print something, it prints a pdf I printed some time ago. It doesn't appear in the "wait liste" if you know what I mean. But nevertheless it comes everytime I want to print another document.

Do you know what I can I do?

Karina

Collapse -
What to do.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2007 8:45 AM PDT

Consider a new post but in the forum that matches and consider those that read it might never guess what's up with a post like you just made.

Hint? Tell us what you would need to know to tackle such an issue.

Bob

Collapse -
Keyboard Lenovo G470
by jtb300 / August 17, 2012 12:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Your NUMLOCK is ON.

Hi Bob,

I have a similar problem with a Lenovo G470 Windows 7. I cannot get the zero to work! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Julia

Collapse -
If keys are dead, rarely anything but a dead key.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 17, 2012 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Keyboard Lenovo G470

I pull out the USB keyboard to test and if that works we install a new keyboard. On some laptops, about a five minute job (discounting ordering and waiting for the keyboard.) So far always well under 99 bucks.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

Finding the best 360 camera

GoPro, Pixpro, or Ricoh?

You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a 360-degree camera. We tested three of them to find out what kind of quality and ease of use you can expect at each price point.