Laptops forum

General discussion

Laptop cooling pad

by Val_islandgirl / March 9, 2007 11:28 PM PST

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Sattellite M105 - S3001, and I'm looking to bye a cooling pad for it. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what type and brand and recommended for this laptop? I've heard variations such as getting a cooling fan that blows cool air vs a fan that sucks air out and down but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss, as to which one I should purchase. I'm looking for one that is under $50 but I don't want one that's so cheap it will break later. I use my laptop frequently and durability is really important to me. Thank you!!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Laptop cooling pad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Laptop cooling pad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Shouldn't need one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 9, 2007 11:33 PM PST
In reply to: Laptop cooling pad
Collapse -
You don't need this
by Ghost26-20878886633866019035262628200812 / March 10, 2007 6:13 AM PST
In reply to: Laptop cooling pad

My Core Duo runs at 30-35 celcius degrees maximum.

If your CPU runs more than 50 degrees, then, contact Toshiba, it is anormal. On my Dell E1505, I feel no heat under the machine. Only the hard-drive is hotter than the rest, but it is normal since the HDD runs all the time and it is a mechanical part.

Collapse -
Coolingpads
by Val_islandgirl / March 11, 2007 6:23 PM PDT
In reply to: You don't need this

Actually, I know I shouldn't but I've been noticing my laptop has been getting hot. I haven't experienced any shut downs, but I already took the percaution of sending it to a tech for Toshiba. According to their tech, the temperature is normal, and doesn't get any hotter than it should. I decided to get a cooling pad just to be on the safe side as I do my laptop quite frequently. Thanks for you advice! If it really doesn't matter what type of cooling pad I get,then I'll just get one that fits the size of my laptop.

As for the temperature thing, how exactly do you figure out the temp of your laptop?

Collapse -
We use a thermometer. Example at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 11, 2007 9:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Coolingpads
Collapse -
Heat monitoring
by Ghost26-20878886633866019035262628200812 / March 12, 2007 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Coolingpads

To monitor your temperature, you can download and install Notebook Hardware Control ( http://www.pbus-167.com/ ). You can control anything of your machine by this very nice software.

You MUST download the Intel Core Duo and Intel Core 2 Duo patch to make run this software correctly.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.