Cameras forum

Question

Kodak Z915 digital camera - software for Windows 7?

by tenaciousrecruiter / March 15, 2013 7:20 AM PDT

I bought the Kodak Z915 a few years ago and it suits my needs. However, my older computer crashed and I now have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 7. I tried my Z915 software but it says needs to be updated, but Kodak website says they've stopped making it available as of Sept. 2012.

I have all the notes on using a memory card, but I'd prefer to get a copy of the actual software. Does anyone have a copy of Z915 software that will work with Windows 7 that they can make a copy of and send my way? Or make any other suggestions?

Thanks,
JoAnne
tenaciousrecruiter@yahoo.com

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kodak Z915 digital camera - software for Windows 7?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kodak Z915 digital camera - software for Windows 7?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Kodak Z915
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 15, 2013 1:15 PM PDT

Since Kodak is bankrupt and have no plans to update their software, it is time to move on to something that is supported.

Plan on loading your photos to your computer with a card reader on your computer.
You can buy card readers for about $10.

If your main interest is to organize your pictures, look at the free program (Picasa) from Google.

If your main interest is to edit your pictures, look at the free program Irfanview.

If you don't mind spending a few dollars (about $70). look at Adobe Photoshop Elements.
It is a very powerful program that
can be used to organize and edit your pictures.

Collapse -
Answer
You might want to try...
by Zouch / March 15, 2013 9:55 PM PDT

Hi JoAnne,
I googled "Kodak Z915 Win7 Driver" and got quite a few links. Most, sadly, lead to the "No longer available" page. However, I did come across this one

http://www.orgsoftcom.org/fileeasyshare-z915.htm

which seems to have links to drivers for various versions of the Z915. You might want to follow them up, some state compatibility with Win7, some not. Hopefully your version will have a driver. By way of experiment, I did download the first in the list and it seemed to come down OK.

There are other links from the Google search but you'll have to follow them up yourself.

Good luck!

Collapse -
Answer
software for Kodak Z9990
by CKipen / September 16, 2013 12:58 AM PDT

I am having the same trouble with my Z990 - have you had any luck in getting software?

Collapse -
Sorry
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 16, 2013 1:26 AM PDT

But I own a z990 and never used the software on the CD. What I did was get the card out when I needed to transfer.

What good is this CD?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.