Peripherals forum

General discussion

Kodak ESP9 all in one printer, scanner, wifi to computer

by youngbob60 / March 18, 2010 2:41 AM PDT

Kodak ESP9 all in one printer, scanner, connected from wifi to computer. The latest program on my laptop recognizes the printer and prints over wifi fine. When I try to scan from the laptop the Kodak program locks up and I have to end program using task manager, it is trying to do something because the CPU usage on the task manager is maxed at 100%. Only the program locks up, not the whole computer. I spent 2 hours talking to Kodak support, uninstalling, reinstalling and other procedures. He gave up and turned it over to his supervisor, she accessed my computer and worked on it through the internet, She gave up and said it was an operating system problem and to contact Toshiba. I believe that when she realized it was not a Kodak problem she did not want to spend any more time. I think it is a scanner driver problem, not sure, that is what the first Kodak support man thought. No other scanners, USB type can be installed on this computer either. My wife has a Sony laptop that prints scans and everything through wifi. My computer performs all other functions great.

I had 90 processes running on task managers ran a clean boot configuration utility and got down to 28, did not solve the problem but runs much faster now. I have enabled what programs I think I need to on Windows firewall. I have spent time on Kodak and other support websites, googled the problem in every type of search I could think of.

Toshiba Satellite laptop M45-S331, Windows XP Home edition, Service Pac 3, Intel(R) Pentium(R) M, processor 1.60GHz, 1.60GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

Bob Young, Please Help or this website

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Kodak ESP9 all in one printer, scanner, wifi to computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Kodak ESP9 all in one printer, scanner, wifi to computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"No other scanners, USB type can be installed on this comput
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 18, 2010 3:05 AM PDT

"No other scanners, USB type can be installed on this computer either."

There's your and their clue something is amiss with this machine. Sadly, today for for a long time you may find folk not figure out why this machine won't work with USB scanners or your Kodak scanner via any connection.

It appears that other machines work fine so until another clue appears the only thought I have is that something isn't stock.

This machine has a make, no model so I can't see if the supplied OS was changed from Vista/7 to XP which I'm encountering no end of troubles out there. This year I'm washing my hands of all XP troubles and moving to Windows 7. We have a handful of XP machines at the office but they are only to show our Apps work. We have had enough of that old OS. It's no longer supportable.

Collapse -
by Willy / March 19, 2010 1:35 AM PDT

Sometimes you encounter a problem and the only real way to attack it is to start from square one. After countless attempts at fixes, etc., and it seems you had knowledgeable people try to fix it, then the more drastic approach is a total OS reload. In this matter all drivers, OS components are fresh, the devices are seen, etc., and then add the new wifi printer. If it doesn't work then, you have one of two issues, either a true h/w incompatibility or weak driver support. You seems to leave out the OS used and/or why there were 90 original which suggest alot is going on even after cleaning them out. Which is way you need to go back to sq. 1. You're sure the printer is supported by the OS? It says so on the box/manual? Alas, if it doesn't work period yet it does on other systems, well that certainly suggests some issue with your laptop. On laptops I have found weal USB ports an issue and they weaken over time as in "power" issue generally, and be blown away h/w wise in a physical sense. So, to have other USB devices not work or not allowed to work suggests that. Try a powered ext. USB hub/port as a possible solution.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.