Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Key logger?

by Watts832 / March 11, 2010 4:47 AM PST

I was looking under the task manager under the services tab and seen one running called "KeyIso" from CNG Key Isolation. I was wondering if it was a key logger or what it was. Any help? And also where can I go to find out what the different Processess are that are listed in the task manager. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Key logger?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Key logger?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What does it say
by Jimmy Greystone / March 11, 2010 4:48 AM PST
In reply to: Key logger?

What does it say when you enter the process name into Google?

Collapse -
Your response to Key Logger
by Gatorman500 / November 22, 2015 5:48 PM PST
In reply to: What does it say

I Googled and got you, why didn't you just answer the question.

Collapse -
You do realise this is a 5 year old thread?
by Dafydd Forum moderator / November 22, 2015 5:57 PM PST

Locking this dinosaur.

Collapse -
(NT) Because this thread is 5 years old
by James Denison / November 22, 2015 7:25 PM PST
Collapse -
It's safe...
by John.Wilkinson / March 12, 2010 1:20 AM PST

lsass.exe is a Windows service associated with storing cryptographic information related to network connections. It should not be terminated/disabled unless you know for a fact that you do not need it.

Regarding other processes, the best way is to look them up with a general web search on Yahoo, Bing, or Google.

Hope this helps,

Collapse -
by Watts832 / March 12, 2010 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: It's safe...

Thank you. For some reason looking it up on google just escaped my mind. Thank you.

Collapse -
Task Manager
by CassandraF_WinTeam / March 12, 2010 2:23 AM PST

In the future you can find out the answer to information on the program running by opening the Task Manager, clicking on Application and then clicking on Go To Process.

Collapse -
Key Logger? by Watts832
by trish060 / November 14, 2014 10:25 AM PST

I have the *same* thing under services and the PID is 572 > CNG Key Isolation >status Running and Group is blank !
I *know* the people upstairs are in my computer as .........being in a crappy apartment ......... I can hear everything *they * say* and they can hear me . This means I don't mention passwords or anything about the computer .

The guest account is off but I Logged on and then it wouldn't let me log back on as Admin until I yelled so loud they gave it back ! ARGH - this *has* to be a virus that Kaspersky Internet Security isn't catching ! What do I have to do? Unplug the computer each time I'm not on it ? I can't even change the password on my computer - it just won't "allow" me to !

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.