The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Keep the tag, "Podcast of Indeterminate Length"

by maxindc / March 26, 2008 6:26 AM PDT

I know I am last to the party, but when I bought by first iPod 4 months ago Buzz Out Loud was the first podcast I subscribed to and BOL has become like a friend I check in with each day. And I know this is stupid and sappy, but I look forward each day to Molly saying, "Welcome to Buzz Out Loud. CNET's podcast of indeterminate length." I need to hear that! It makes me smile. Vote to keep this tag line! Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Keep the tag, "Podcast of Indeterminate Length"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Keep the tag, "Podcast of Indeterminate Length"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Agreed, KEEP it.
by Papa Chango / March 26, 2008 6:50 AM PDT

Anyone want/know to do that poll thingie or are we just going to raise our hands and count how many different threads sprout?
Buzz Out Loud - CNET's 'podcast of indeterminate length'
YAY or NAY

I go with keeping it.

It is the show's subtitle. It plugs the network and the Kundera like simultaneous precision and vagueness gives it a soupcon of mystery, as if you never know what those crazy kids from Xnet might do today. How long is it..Who knows? Might they go on for 12 hours? Not unless Steve Jobs unveiled the iphone and a new turtleneck in a new shade of black but that's not the point.
The name invokes a techoyuppie rebellious chord with many which honestly is only a notch above Dvorak trying to sound hip... but still, many love it.
Save the subtitle, don't let it die like the Linux Chaser!!
Then again, you could do a contest.

- Hey if you want to make Leo Laporte happy, you might want to call it CNET's 'netcast of indeterminate length' when he comes next time.

-Did Molly say episode 688 instead of 689?

P.C.
Montr

Collapse -
Or, just acronymize it!
by Slikkster / March 26, 2008 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Agreed, KEEP it.

It could be "CPOIL", a funky misspelling of SPOIL.

I could do without the Linux Chaser, though, heheh.

Collapse -
Dont LOOSE IT!
by Grabinski Marek / March 26, 2008 7:05 AM PDT

I'm fairly new to BOL. I have never posted here but i have been listening for a little over a month now. BOL is the reason i may buy my first MP3/MP4 player ever. (don't listen to music so I've never had a need for one)

I have never heard BOL with out the line "Podcast of Indeterminate Lenght"! i think a piece of my soul would be missing if you ditched it.

please don't put any holes in my soul!

Collapse -
(NT) Keep It!!!!
by fordo123 / March 26, 2008 7:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) I vote keep it. And more Linux chaser. And cowbell.
by ibcrandy-2120454356981420 / March 26, 2008 7:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
+1
by JegroVzla / March 27, 2008 6:06 AM PDT

Specially Linux chasers Happy

There's been a while since I heard one of those.

Collapse -
Agree, Keep It
by pepperirwin / March 26, 2008 7:18 AM PDT

Not just for sentimental value either. It prompts people to go back through the archives and get their BOL PhD.

Collapse -
Change it?
by TheBluePointe / March 26, 2008 7:53 AM PDT

Maybe its time for a new tagline? Like "May cause cooties?"

Oh well, otherwise I say keep it.

Collapse -
(NT) Keep It!!
by skinselton / March 26, 2008 7:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
KEEP IT
by tyroga / March 26, 2008 8:08 AM PDT

Hey Guys,

I've grown very used to hearing it. Please keep "CNet's Podcast of Indeterminate Length".

Collapse -
I disagree it is time for it to go.
by b47619 / March 26, 2008 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: KEEP IT

Just Kidding!

You CAN"E get rid of the tag!

How else will I explain BOL to people then?

Collapse -
(NT) ediT: i MEAN can"t NOT can"e
by b47619 / March 26, 2008 8:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
bring back "abreast"!! :P
by robstak / March 26, 2008 8:39 AM PDT

"If you'd like to keep abreast of the rest of the news"

I miss it

-dr.k

Collapse -
Keep it!
by raygun01 / March 26, 2008 8:51 AM PDT

Yeah! Keep it, guys!

... oh wait, maybe I should just tell Tom and Molly to keep it.

Collapse -
Keep it!
by Agapito_S / March 26, 2008 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Keep it!

You should just tell them to keep it raygun01! Happy

Collapse -
Keep It !
by Guidemaker Dave / March 27, 2008 2:55 AM PDT

It's become part of the Buzztown nomenclature! I wouldn't want this to go away anymore than I would want Molly to stop ranting or Tom to stop mispronouncing 'nanometer'.

Collapse -
Keep keep keep
by richsim / March 27, 2008 3:28 AM PDT

Don't you see -- the phrase has broken loose from its original semantic burden to fly free, now a pure signifier of all that is BOL tasty goodness!

Or something.

Collapse -
Keep it
by pdunlea / March 27, 2008 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Keep keep keep

I definitely think you should keep it.

Collapse -
Keep the tag, "Podcast of Indeterminate Length"
by wizkids32 / March 27, 2008 7:31 AM PDT

Keep it. It is part of Buzz Out Loud podcast of indeterminate length Keep it Please.

Collapse -
I'd like to keep some "add-on" description, but...
by shawnlin / March 28, 2008 4:16 AM PDT

I'd like to keep some "add-on" description, but...it'd be neat for a refreshed, new, interesting saying...

--S

Collapse -
please please please keep it
by mementh / March 28, 2008 1:53 PM PDT

i think it should stay, its YOUR SAYING.. don't let it become another "it makes its own gravy" dispute

Collapse -
Definitely Keep It!
by pooky4 / March 30, 2008 2:39 AM PDT

It's a tag line, a slogan, and a part of what Buzz Outloud is. After all, it makes it perfectly acceptable, without argument, to have the podcast run for 45 minutes, 50 minutes, 20 minutes, 5 minutes, 120 minutes...

Collapse -
Add one more vote for keeping it!
by KimuraKalidor / March 30, 2008 4:13 AM PDT

Add another vote to keep the tag from me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.