Computer Help forum

Question

justcloud restore crash

by smallchicken / December 12, 2012 4:20 AM PST

Hi,

i've been onto justcloud support for 3 weeks now trying to restore my data from their cloud service but it keeps "freezing" or just ending altoghter. The only way around it I have found is to download sections at a time, however it occasionaly still does it.

Below is a transcript of the error log from the app when its "frozen". Can anyone make any sense of it?

12-12-2012 03:32:55:9411>>--------------EXCEPTION--------------
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.CompareFunc(IntPtr lparam1, IntPtr lparam2, IntPtr lparamSort)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at BackupStack.Controls.RestoreFileListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.CompareFunc(IntPtr lparam1, IntPtr lparam2, IntPtr lparamSort)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at BackupStack.Controls.RestoreFileListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
APP_CRASH<<--------------------------------------

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: justcloud restore crash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: justcloud restore crash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
That looks like a .NET crash.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 4:26 AM PST
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=Exception+of+type+"System+OutOfMemoryException"+was+thrown&as_epq=System+OutOfMemoryException

Confirmed. They write it, they get to fix it. It's unlikely it's your PC unless there are trojans, rootkits, registry cleaners, and what else can I list here? Sorry but all this points to their app or your PC.

With only the clue given I only can fault their app. Most common gaffe I find is with large files. But I have so little to work with and I didn't write this app. Yes, I have .NET apps out there but this one isn't mine.
Bob
Collapse -
Answer
Sorry about your problem, advise for the future
by wpgwpg / December 12, 2012 4:29 AM PST

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $70 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus todo backup free which you can download from
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm . That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.