Speakeasy

General discussion

Just got this in my email

by Diana Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 10:16 PM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just got this in my email
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just got this in my email
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dissolve the Federal Govt
by James Denison / May 9, 2013 11:34 PM PDT

Put it into Receivership. All we need is a Constitutional Convention to accomplish that. Immediately end all federal taxes including income taxes. Set up a General Fund in the interim to continue support of military for Common Defense. We could get more done by a convention of all 50 governors, or their appointees to such convention, than we currently get from Congress.

Collapse -
(NT) 50 heads of state to make military decisions
by Roger NC / May 10, 2013 11:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
Delegate, delegate, delegate
by James Denison / May 10, 2013 1:37 PM PDT

No doubt there would be a committee setup and regular reviews by them, till a better form of confederation of states could be formed.

Collapse -
so you don't want independent states after all
by Roger NC / May 11, 2013 11:21 AM PDT

you just want to form a different federal government.

All government grows eventually, but maybe it would take another 250 years again.

Of course, during the "adjustment period" (anarchy) after abolishing the current federal government, I wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with foreign attacks because of the confusion.

Or even if no foreign invasion, woud there be another 50 state union, or would there be the south rising again, New England confederation, the southwest alliance (which might be taken over by Mexico anyway), etc.

Transition to a new government without anarchy is called elections. Unfortunately our system has involved until those that have the power/money makes the rule to keep the power.

Collapse -
I have always questioned
by TONI H / May 11, 2013 8:24 PM PDT

the logic behind "you have to pass it to see what's in it". Didn't the Federal Government pass a law quite a while ago that forces financial and credit institutions 'full disclosure' on contracts when you take out a loan or a apply for a credit card? If it's supposed to be good enough for the people, why wasn't that law good enough for our representatives regarding this law? Would YOU sign a loan agreement that didn't give you full disclosure?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.