Phones forum

General discussion

Just found out that Cingular now has a Family Plan texting

by ShamaMama414 / June 23, 2007 6:34 PM PDT

Thank GOD!! I have 5 phones (3 of them for my teenagers) and have prayed for this day to come. lol I read on their site that they are offering this for 29.99 and you get unlimited cell to cell (any carrier) texts.

I have asked so many times when they were going to do this and never got anyone to commit to anything other than "soon". I am not only going to save $$ since it's cheaper than all of the individual plans I am paying for now but we are going to be unlimited which relieves the stress of overage charges at .10 each x 3 teenagers!!

Happy day for me and thought I would share the news. I am satisfied with my service through them though I know alot of others have had a rough time I have been treated well and been with them for about 5 years.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just found out that Cingular now has a Family Plan texting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just found out that Cingular now has a Family Plan texting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Is that text only or text, pics, & video sending?

Is that text only or text, pics, & video sending?

Collapse -
Thanks for the link, Samsung Syncs that I just got have poor
by GoodTechForCheap / June 26, 2007 10:53 PM PDT
In reply to: You can read more

Thanks for the link. That clears it up. Between 4 differenct AT&T reps, 2 said it was available for a family group, & 2 said it was not. Looks like it is.

I just got 3 new Samsung Sync phones & I am dissapointed in the voice sound quality of the handset speaker.

I am torn as to which other phone to consider...
LG CU500, Motorola Razr V3x...others?

Collapse -
Let me tell you about two that you mentioned
by PudgyOne / June 27, 2007 2:02 AM PDT

Son has LG CU500. He has insurance on it. Was dropped one time and Battery compartment broke. Had to get new one. Has large capacity with the mini sd card, if you like music. You transfer through a mini usb adapter. Put the mini sd chip in the usb adapter and drag the songs, pictures, whatever to the card. Has bluetooth. He cannot use the speakerphone with the phone closed.

I have a Motorola Razr v3. Yes it's old, just like me. I've had this for 1 year now and never had a problem with it. I bought a program called Motorola Phone Tools and use it to transfer my pictures(low quality) and my ringtones. I use Audacity to cut 30 second portions of songs for ringtones and then put them on the phone, for FREE. Beats paying for them. Small memory, has bluetooth.

My theory is if you want to listen to music, buy a mp3 CD player. You can put many songs on a CD and slap it in the player. If CD gets lost or damaged, make another one.

If you want to take great pictures, buy a nice digital camera.

Having some of these features on the phones is just a gimmick.

My refrigerator repairman once said "The more functions your refrigerator has, the more things can go wrong with it."

I use my phone for phone calls, alarm clock and appointments. I personalize the ringtones so I can tell who is calling, without looking. Lets me know if I want to answer or not.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
I forgot to mention
by PudgyOne / June 27, 2007 2:05 AM PDT

My Razr has bluetooth. It also has Blue shirt. I answer a call, put it on speakerphone and put the phone in my Blue pocket. I drive around town, at work and at the grocery store. One lady thought I was talking to myself, until her heard another voice.

Collapse -
Well stated, phone for phone calls, music player for music..
by GoodTechForCheap / June 30, 2007 2:19 AM PDT

Well stated, phone for phone calls, music player for music, camera for pictures.

That fits my thoughts, and lifestyle exactly.

That method applies nicely to other areas like component stereo etc.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.