Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Just bought a new Rhythm MP3 player-Questions

by deltadart1 / January 13, 2011 6:30 AM PST

First of all I have tinnitus(ringing in the ear)and I need to listen to different pitches of white noise to mask my tinnitus.For the past 2 years I have used the Sandisk Sansa Express model. For some reason both of them failed within 48 hours and I have tried everything to fix them with no luck.

I did not want to go back to using my Sony Walkman because of the size compared to MP3 players. I was in Kmart today and found this very small MP3 player called "Rhythm MP3" player. It was only $10 so I went ahead and bought it and downloaded a few tunes and i'm quite impressed with the sound. For me what is really nice it has a belt clip so I can just clip it on and go about my business.

The only thing that is not explained in the manual is how to re-charge the battery. I know it's like the Express Player where all you do is charge it using the usb port on the computer. Does anyone out there have one of these? I just find this MP3 player is perfect for what I want to use it for. Many thanks for your help! John

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just bought a new Rhythm MP3 player-Questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just bought a new Rhythm MP3 player-Questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
$10 for a mp3 player.
by ahtoi / January 13, 2011 11:57 AM PST

Name and model other than just "Rhythm mp3"?

Collapse -
Never heard of it
by make_or_break / January 14, 2011 1:13 AM PST

Searching Kmart's website I found the name 'Mach Speed' attached to 'Rhythm 2GB', so it appears that Mach Speed is the company--or at least the brand--that markets your new player.

The following are links to this company's product and support websites that I came across:

I didn't find your exact model, but I only briefly looked out of curiosity; perhaps you'll have better luck.

Collapse -
Model #
by deltadart1 / January 14, 2011 5:13 AM PST
In reply to: Never heard of it

Rhythm MP3 Model# CL2-166 It has 2gb. Thanks!

Collapse -
www.kmart website
by deltadart1 / January 14, 2011 5:18 AM PST
In reply to: Model #

make_or_break, Your link to Kmart's website is exactly what mine is. Thank's!

Collapse -
I see this player has a usb interface,
by ahtoi / January 14, 2011 10:17 AM PST

so I suspect you would charge it like others, through the usb connection.

Collapse -
Come to think about this,
by ahtoi / January 14, 2011 10:23 AM PST

I didn't see anything about rechargable battery. The manual say what type of battery to use?

Collapse -
Recharge Rhythm MP3 player
by cdault / January 16, 2011 9:33 PM PST

Just wondering if you resolved this issue. I also recently bought a Rhythm MP3 player at K-Mart for $9.99, downloaded some songs, and am happy with the quality for such a small price. The battery is a Li-ion so I'm thinking all that is needed is plugging in the usb cord to the computer and it starts to charge; however, there is nothing that pops up on computer screen to indicate this.

Thanks for any help.

Collapse -
Play it for a day to run down the battery then...
by ahtoi / January 17, 2011 1:30 AM PST

plug it in the usb for the night and see if it's charged up in the morning. Usb power should be "ON" even if the computer itself is not; (but on standby mode). Personally I have one of those 110v usb charger (inexpensive and handy).

Collapse -
Already having problems
by deltadart1 / January 22, 2011 4:14 AM PST

I have 4 usb ports on the front of the computer and only 1 works when you plug it in and brings up a list of what you want to do. If i'm charging it up I pick "Take No Action" and if I want to add some tunes I pick "Open using Windows Media Player".

My other problem just started today when I added some songs to it all the songs sound very "tinny". There's a number to call but why does it seem like anything to do with a computer (the computer itself,digital camera,MP3 players)always work great at first but always give you problems down the road?

Collapse -
Tinny sound
by fknwak / January 28, 2011 12:45 AM PST

Seems to me that the factory ear phones that came with it are probably defective. I am using my 3g ear buds and sound quality is amazing. Hope this helps

Collapse -
having some issues as well
by jaydens_mommy_09 / June 24, 2011 4:10 AM PDT
i bought my rhythm cL2-166 back in november and when i first got it i had no problems. im in my seventh motnh of ownership and now the battery does not last long and sometimes when i am listening to it it stalls and sputters and then no sound wht so ever comes out but the player is still on. i also read tht u have a number, maybe to tech support and was wondering if i might be able to get tht number. thanks and have a blessed day:)
Collapse -
rhythem mp3 player
by hapysound / August 30, 2011 5:33 AM PDT

I also purchased the Rhythem for under ten dollars. It works very well despite the lack os status or signals other than on / pause and off.
At first, though, I had trouble getting the computer to recognize the player. I used anouther similar cable and it charged right up. Since, I have been able to use the original cable. I really like it and think it is the best value

Collapse -
Rhythm MP3 player
by jpidcock / July 10, 2011 10:40 AM PDT

You recharge the battery by attaching the usb cable to your computer. Supposedly it has 5 hours of battery life between charges.

Collapse -
$10 mp3 player?
by ahtoi / August 30, 2011 6:25 PM PDT

I think you change the batteries...not charging it, at least not internally. That is my guess. Open it up and take a look at the battery, what type is it. If it is chargable type then it is very likely you charge it through the usb cable. Good luck.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.