Samsung forum

General discussion

Judder problem on samsung 40in lcd

by rylo1 / February 10, 2011 1:47 AM PST

i just purchased a samsung 40 inch series 630 lcd tv. i now know what the term judder means. it is impossible to watch with the judder. i tried all the suggested settings on the set itself and none help. my prior tv--sharp aquos 37 inch lcd--didnt have this problem at all but on that tv there wasnt an hdmi cable. however, i have a sharp aquos 46 inch lcd w/hdmi cable and it doesnt have the judder either. is there anything i can do or is this tv just bad for judder? can i try it w/out hdmi to reduce quality/resolution? i am not super advanced in the tech world so searching for any solution before i punt the new tv.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Judder problem on samsung 40in lcd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Judder problem on samsung 40in lcd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Judder problem on samsung 40in lcd
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 10, 2011 6:09 AM PST

rylo1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with Judder control.

You might try changing the AutoMotion Plus settings to see if that helps. With your remote, press:

Menu > Picture > Picture Options > Auto Motion Plus > (Try Standard or OFF) + [Enter]

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Judder
by rylo1 / February 10, 2011 10:32 PM PST

Thank u for the advice I will try it after work and let u know the results

Collapse -
(NT) judder fixed
by rylo1 / February 12, 2011 12:56 AM PST
Collapse -
judder fixed
by rylo1 / February 12, 2011 12:57 AM PST

thank you for your advice that appears to have fixed the problem. we are very appreciative as the store that sold it to me had no idea what to do so if you had not have helped the old tv would have been brought back into action! thanks again

Collapse -
judder fixed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 22, 2011 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: judder fixed

rylo1,

Great news. Glad to hear it worked out. Happy

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.