Samsung forum

General discussion

jittery picture on Samsung LED 8000

by jlgaustin / May 23, 2010 1:20 PM PDT

Just got a new Samsung 8000LED, when I am on cable, I have Time Warner digital cable in Austin. I notice there is a slight vertical jitter, you can see it very much so when in the guide since there is text and can see it moving.

Is this a known issue? Is there any setting that can fix this? Driving me crazy.

Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: jittery picture on Samsung LED 8000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: jittery picture on Samsung LED 8000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
jittery picture on Samsung LED 8000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 24, 2010 10:56 AM PDT

jlgaustin,

Thanks for purchasing a Samsung.

You might check to see what resolution the box is sending. You can do that by pressing the "INFO" button on the remote. It will tell you what resolution the incoming signal is. If it's 480i or 480p, you may want to adjust the cable box to send a better signal. Often times, judder is the result of "not enough" picture coming in, and then the television has to upconvert the picture, which may cause the problem.

There is also a judder control in the menu options. You might want to adjust those if you're using AutoMotion Plus. For some inputs, turning off AutoMotion Plus processing will fare better, and again, this has to do with the input signal.

The final possibility is that if the cable company has a heavy signal compression, that may also cause some judder as the picture is decompressed. Unfortunately, it's not possible to know if this is the case, but usually the other two options will eliminate, if not substantially reducing the judder effects of high compression signals.

--HDTech

Collapse -
UN55B8000
by zman1921 / June 17, 2010 12:13 AM PDT

Hello,
just bought my TV yesterday and connected it to my satellite box via a DMLI cable. I noticed right the way that the picture on my HD DVR channels are perfect but the picture on any regular channel does jitter or does a quick flicker every 15 seconds or so? any help?
Thanks,

Collapse -
UN55B8000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 17, 2010 7:50 AM PDT
In reply to: UN55B8000

zman1921,

It could be either the broadcast itself, or that an update or reset to the cable box may fix the issue.

You might try adjusting the AutoMotion Plus to see if that helps, as that's additional processing meant to enhance the picture, but may be interfering with the SD channels.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks, All Good
by zman1921 / June 17, 2010 10:59 AM PDT

Hello,
Thank you for your help, i am now enjoying my wonderful TV. all i had to do is go through "HD System Setup" in my Satellite Box and change the signal from 480 to 1080 and the flickering/jittering stopped. i just want to say Thanks again.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.