Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

Java 7 update 11 installation problem

by rockerrb / January 19, 2013 7:47 PM PST

I am running Windows XP Home.

When I am trying to install Java 7 update 11 I get:

The wizard was interrupted before Java(TM) 6 update could be completely installed.

This occurs with both the version which requires a download to install and the version that does not (offline version).

I tried shutting down both AVG antivirus and Zone Alarm firewall and I am still getting the same error.

I also trying restarting the computer.

When I go to Add or Remove programs and I scroll down to Java I have:

Java 7 update 9
and
JavaFX 2.1.1

I tried to uninstall "Java 7 update 9" and got a small box which says:
fatal error
with 1 button, the OK button.

I have not tried to uninstall "JavaFX 2.1.1"

I would really like to get the new Java installed as this is a security update. Anyone out there having the same problem?

Please help ASAP!

Ryan
Denver, CO

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Java 7 update 11 installation problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Java 7 update 11 installation problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
correction
by rockerrb / January 19, 2013 7:53 PM PST

I get the message:

The wizard was interrupted before Java update could be completely installed.

I am attempting to install the latest version of Java (version 7 update 11)

Collapse -
Just a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 20, 2013 3:14 AM PST
In reply to: correction

Since a few zero day exploits were discovered can you uninstall all JAVA now and wait for yet another update this week?
Bob

Collapse -
Java uninstall
by rockerrb / January 20, 2013 4:03 AM PST
In reply to: Just a thought.

When I go to Add or Remove programs and I scroll down to Java I have:

Java 7 update 9
and
JavaFX 2.1.1

I tried to uninstall "Java 7 update 9" and got a small box which says:
fatal error
with 1 button, the OK button.

Collapse -
Next up. Revo.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 20, 2013 4:17 AM PST
In reply to: Java uninstall

Revo Uninstaller Free is found with google and may clean it off. Remember that manually removing java is well discussed so I must defer to a google search since I would be duplicating answers given to date.
Bob

Collapse -
works
by rockerrb / January 20, 2013 6:15 AM PST
In reply to: Next up. Revo.

Thank you very much! I downloaded the software from download.com, but it wanted to download some other software with it so I went to the Revo website and downloaded it from there. It seems be very detailed and through. Definitely a program I am going to keep.

I then installed Java 7 update 11 and it seems to work fine, but I can't get yahoo pool to work in firefox. Seems to work just fine with internet explorer. I'm thinking that yahoo needs to update it's pool software to work with the new version of java with firefox. I had a problem running java in firefox a few years back and it ran with internet explorer. After updating firefox a few weeks later it ran in both browsers.

Thanks again, prob fixed.

Ryan
Denver

Collapse -
Possible area to check
by Willy / January 21, 2013 1:09 AM PST
In reply to: works

You need to check that the java update you got was intended for Firefox use or it was listed from the update website source. This may vary from one browser to another. Provided Firefox has its Java console(tools?) see if you can then manually request a Java update to be 100% sure it has what it needs. The same for any browser, though i think Chrome is different. At least check into that area of Java. In most cases, Java is "auto-set" to update on its own when connect to the WWW.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Use JavaRa
by mchainmchain / January 21, 2013 4:14 AM PST
In reply to: correction
Collapse -
Why..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / January 21, 2013 6:03 AM PST
In reply to: Use JavaRa
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.