The CNET Lounge

General discussion

Jason... more than just your average forum lurker...

by raygun01 / May 22, 2007 4:19 AM PDT

In fact, now, I'm officially a lurker-turned-participant.

Howdy Buzz world! It's great to make your acquaintance. Having been an avid BOL listener for the past year and a half, I gotta admit... I'm honored to be involved! Like many of you, BOL has been my saving grace on my way to work. Of course, my "work" IS CNET... so it also acts as a way for me to sort of catch up with the tech news of the day before my two feet even pass through the front doors every morning.

Anyways, it's great to be brought into the fold, and I hope that I can help to improve BOL as well as all of the other CNET podcasts in the near future. I'll keep my eyes and ears posted to ya'll here in the forums.

Cheers, world!

Jason Howell

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jason... more than just your average forum lurker...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jason... more than just your average forum lurker...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
glad you're part of the team!
by shawnlin / May 22, 2007 11:44 AM PDT

I'm sure you know you've got big shoes to fill... Happy

Best wishes,
Shalin

Collapse -
(NT) Hey! Veronica's feet are not that big!
by merrybrown / May 24, 2007 9:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
Mine Are (I'm a Sasquatch)
by guyeatsoctopus / May 24, 2007 11:14 PM PDT

But I've never seen hers.

Collapse -
New Guy Person
by guyeatsoctopus / May 23, 2007 7:23 AM PDT

Welcome new Buzz Out Loud Guy. Represent Well.

Collapse -
(NT) Can I just call you "The new guy"? I'm bad with names
by gogomama / May 23, 2007 10:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
"the new guy"....
by raygun01 / May 24, 2007 2:00 AM PDT

Hey, it's better than "that tall guy."

Collapse -
That tall guy
by guyeatsoctopus / May 24, 2007 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: "the new guy"....

Yeah, that is better. Better than being referred to as Sasquatch or that tall hairy guy.

Collapse -
I Know How You Feel Jason
by calover123456 / August 12, 2007 1:09 PM PDT
In reply to: "the new guy"....

I'm only 14 and I'm about 6'2". I get all sorts of tall jokes from my friends. You're doing an awesome job so far and you're helping to fill the void of Veronica (although that will probably never be filled). Keep up the great work.

Collapse -
!
by Gadget_Gizmo / May 23, 2007 11:53 AM PDT

Wzup?

Collapse -
little C
by aribeiro2 / May 24, 2007 7:44 AM PDT

hey, Jason, where is the little C beside your nick?

it's cool to have you here
Grin

welcome!

Collapse -
Howdy Jason!
by cyndymcc / May 24, 2007 11:35 PM PDT

You need a handle, good buddy.

Hmmm...Buzz / Jason / Lurker = BuzzJurker?

Maybe I'm trying too hard. It'll happen when you least expect it.

Happy to have you on the boards!

Cyndy (Marketing Weenie in VA)

Collapse -
A handle...
by raygun01 / May 25, 2007 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Howdy Jason!

Raygun has always worked for me... but as you say, I'm sure something will "pop" in there...

Oh and I feel so refreshed with this sparkling new "C" by my name in the forums. Feels complete.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Great to be on board.

Collapse -
(NT) Welcome. And don't let V. steal your headphones.
by Owyn / May 25, 2007 12:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
Welcome
by Toughmn / May 26, 2007 9:52 AM PDT

Long time listener, first time poster. Welcome to Buzz World. I was just curious. Was taking the brunt of Miss Belmont's verbal abuse part of the job description? (I kid, I kid) Here are some things to try when it happens again, cause you know it will.

1. You have the power man; you are sitting at the control board. I wonder how she would take it if her microphone suddenly and inexplicably turned off?

2. Scream at the top of your lungs, "HELP!!! HELP!!! Call 1-800-PRODUCER-ABUSE!!!" (Pronounced AbOOse for added comical effect.)

Collapse -
your name on the podcast!!
by herskowitz / June 24, 2007 2:54 AM PDT

i think you should insist upon stating your name at the begining...u deserve it.

welcome to the podcast,
Joshua from israel (that caller-in from 498 who asked why tom (which was actually Rafe) sounded tired)

Collapse -
you
by metanoya / June 24, 2007 11:55 AM PDT

know how iphone news wears everyone out!

Candice

Collapse -
huh?
by guyeatsoctopus / June 24, 2007 11:09 PM PDT
In reply to: you

Whats this iphone? Muahahahahahahaha.

Collapse -
Awww shucks :)
by raygun01 / June 25, 2007 12:58 PM PDT

Thanks!

Collapse -
Jason is the man!
by demonjrules / August 10, 2007 12:41 PM PDT

yo Jason you have been speaking up alot lately and thats awesome. Keep up the good work. Awesome podcast guys

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.