The CNET Lounge

General discussion

Jason leaving

by MarahFayne / September 8, 2010 4:30 AM PDT

I don't see any threads talking about Jason's decision to leave CNET/CBS for TWIT-ville - what's up with that? (or is this an banned topic - I guess I'll find out if the thread gets deleted)

I, for one, will seriously miss the big guy. Hopefully he'll be on-air with TWIT, hate to see him just go to strictly Producer duties.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jason leaving
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jason leaving
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sad Day
by jdh415s / September 8, 2010 4:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Jason leaving

I'm pretty bummed. I've tried listening to TNT and the other TWIT shows and really don't care for them. Too many ads and too much wasted time. I will miss Jason on BOL.

Collapse -
Jason leaving
by J H F / September 8, 2010 7:17 AM PDT

Yes it is sad that Jason is leaving I wonder who is next to leave C-Net for TWIT?

Collapse -
Jason leaving
by allberry / September 8, 2010 1:23 PM PDT

I was wondering the same thing. I'm watching TwiT also and its scary everyone leaving Cnet. What did the BIG ...Wigs...over at CBS do to Cnet ?

Collapse -
Hmm
by Nicholas Buenk / September 8, 2010 6:19 PM PDT

When will TWIT buy Molly Wood and the trademark, buzz out loud? Wink

Collapse -
We need a contest to rename BOL's abbreviation
by Slikkster / September 8, 2010 9:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Hmm

Buzz Out Left
Buzz Out Leaving
Buzz Out Lonely

Collapse -
Sure...
by skellener / September 12, 2010 2:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Hmm

Why not? Buzz Out Loud on TWiT would be a great asset. They should all go over there.

Collapse -
Jason's last day?
by Beowulfie / September 18, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Sure...

Was Friday(9/17)Jason's last day or is it this coming Friday? I didn't hear them say anything about him leaving Friday, I would hope he would have some kind of send off.
Wonder if Leo is trying to get Molly also?

Collapse -
He was
by Nicholas Buenk / September 18, 2010 2:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Jason's last day?

CNET offered her more.

Collapse -
OMG this is not good
by thegoldenstandard / September 19, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

Is everyone leaving? Tom was my favorite, now Jason gone too, I'm gonna havta try out twit i geuss..

Collapse -
darn, twit sucks
by thegoldenstandard / September 19, 2010 5:23 AM PDT
In reply to: OMG this is not good

Why is TwiT taking all of this high powered talent (and paying for it) and then just wasting it? whatever maybe jason'll shape 'em up (because their producing really is awful)

Collapse -
be nice now...
by robstak / September 19, 2010 11:21 AM PDT
In reply to: darn, twit sucks

im sad as well, but dont trash TWiT...

I choose not to listen to TWiT either, but, apparently they are more popular than CNet podcasts, so they must be doing something right... right?

-Dr. Karl

Collapse -
I haven't listened to BOL in ages
by Slikkster / September 24, 2010 3:55 AM PDT
In reply to: be nice now...

and I have listened to/watched twit/tnt several times (not every day, though). Looks great on my ZuneHD.

Collapse -
Jason leaving
by wizkids32 / September 19, 2010 7:42 AM PDT

Yes I am wonder who will be next Rafe or Molly to go to TWIT Leo tried to get Molly but she said no.

Collapse -
Hey Leo Laporte, hire me! I gotta get out of my job!
by DHXK3G / October 1, 2010 7:08 AM PDT

I mean really! I'll do whatever you need over there.

MAN! I wish this economy was better!

Collapse -
It's not all that hard to figure out...
by JazGalaxy / October 27, 2010 7:40 AM PDT

People's concerns about talent leaving CNET are a little hard to understand.

CNet isn't, principally, an entertainment or a personality based website. It brances out into those fields at times, but when employees begin wanting to make careers in media as being personalities or entertainers, CNET can't afford to keep them.

BOL is a main feature of the site, but it and the rest of the CNET podcasts don't make any money.At least not to let them tell it.

If Molly went to TWIT she could bec a famous podcaster. If Molly stays with CBS she could be Katie Couric in a few years.

It really makes no sense for her to go to TWiT at this point.

Collapse -
Katie Couric?
by Slikkster / October 27, 2010 1:26 PM PDT

That's a stretch. And considering that Couric has been the most expensive failure CBS has had in quite some time, I don't know that I would want to aspire to that comparison, lol.

Collapse -
They SHOULD brance out!
by DHXK3G / July 5, 2011 12:53 AM PDT

I mean, if it brings in more viewers, right?

The Apple tree in my backyard is brancing out all the time.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.