The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

James Kim's Body Found :( So Sad

by rewerb / December 6, 2006 4:58 AM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: James Kim's Body Found :( So Sad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: James Kim's Body Found :( So Sad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just saw it on
by dro0001 / December 6, 2006 5:02 AM PST

Very sad indeed. Sad

Collapse -
Re: James Kim's Body Found ;( So Sad
by mortain / December 6, 2006 5:02 AM PST

My condolences to the family and friends of James. He will dearly be missed.

Collapse -
So sad
by blackphoenix99 / December 6, 2006 5:03 AM PST

This is a very sad day ..... gonna miss him so much.

Collapse -
by bozeman / December 6, 2006 5:08 AM PST

Sorry to hear that, winter and exposure can be harsh. Hope everyone pulls through this.

Collapse -
by mthompson5 / December 6, 2006 5:09 AM PST

My heart has just sunk. I am very sad that this did not end on a good note.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My heart has sunk too, I wish I said that
by jprkenny / December 6, 2006 6:25 AM PST
In reply to: condolences
Collapse -
I kept hoping for him..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2006 5:10 AM PST

My condolences to all in his family and CNet friends,

Collapse -
sorry about the loss
by nickswim / December 6, 2006 5:12 AM PST

sorry to hear about James.. condolences to everyone at cnet..

I liked hearing his reviews and videos.

if anyone needs to talk let me know. My mom just passed away about 6 months ago. So I know what everyone is going through.. Let me know if you need anything.

Nick Schmidt
cunas4 at hotmail dot com

Collapse -
This is so terrible!!
by mostel / December 6, 2006 5:13 AM PST

So sad!! I still can belive it! all my sympathies to James family, friends and coworkers...

Collapse -
Me too. There was always hope.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 6, 2006 8:41 PM PST

But it was not to be.

Such a sad, terrible time, and my heart goes out to James' family. My condolences to them and all his friends and colleagues at CNET.

Collapse -
Deeply upset
by Darayz / December 6, 2006 5:11 AM PST

My deepest condolensces to all his family and friends. We were all optimistic that it would turn out well.

It's heartbreaking.

Collapse -
I didn't want to believe it...
by punterjoe / December 6, 2006 5:12 AM PST

I'm used to media getting it wrong, so I brushed off the anchor mannequins, but when I saw the press conf, it was time to face the truth. I think Brian Anderson of the sherrif's office expressed everyone's feelings when he was too choked up to talk. This search had become personal, and the Kim family had become like extended family to them. This is heartbreaking news, but it's important to remember that Kati & the girls were found in such good shape against daunting odds.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Kim family and everyone who took such extraordinary measures to return James safely to his loved ones. This is wrenching news, and I wish I knew a way to ease the pain of those involved.

Collapse -
(NT) Condolences from Brazil.
by cars4less201 / December 6, 2006 5:20 AM PST
Collapse -
by LDanix / December 6, 2006 5:20 AM PST

James was a blessing in so many people's lives. He will be missed by everyone. My prayers are with his family.

Collapse -
So sorry
by gogomama / December 6, 2006 5:23 AM PST

I'm sorry to hear about this. My condolences to the Kim family and the cnet family.

Take the day off guys.

Collapse -
So sad
by woody56292 / December 6, 2006 5:28 AM PST
In reply to: So sorry

While I am happy that his wife and children are found, I am sad for the loss of such a great person. James was truly unique and a great joy to listen to and watch. I send my best wishes to CNET and the Kim family.

Collapse -
He will be missed
by DCRVX2002 / December 6, 2006 5:50 AM PST
In reply to: So sad

This is so sad. I can't even look at the pictures of him on any of the news stories, he will be missed.

Collapse -
i can't believe
by aribeiro2 / December 6, 2006 7:05 AM PST
In reply to: So sad

and i don't want to believe in this

Collapse -
Very Sad...
by dmdzine / December 6, 2006 5:27 AM PST

Very sad and tragic ending.. Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and to his CNet co-workers.

Collapse -
James is a hero
by ktreb / December 6, 2006 5:31 AM PST
In reply to: Very Sad...

I'm too choked up to say anything else.

Collapse -
rest in peace
by LiK / December 6, 2006 5:27 AM PST

yea, really sad to hear it. i was hoping for the best. if only he had stayed with his family...anyways, rest in peace james, you and your reviews shall be missed... ;_;

Collapse -
by Crafty50golf / December 6, 2006 5:34 AM PST
In reply to: rest in peace

I would like to echo the condolences to James family and friends. I obviously only know him from watching and reading his reviews but have gotten the sense that he was a very kind person, who obviously loved his family and would do anything to protect them. As a newly married guy I can say that without knowing him, I am touched by his actions to save his family.

My best wishes to his family and friends, oh which Im sure there were many.

Collapse -
Yeah, if only...
by Thunderbuck / December 6, 2006 5:44 AM PST
In reply to: rest in peace

"if only he had stayed with his family..."

I'm trying not to dwell too much on speculation of what that week must have been like, but I suspect James' decision to walk out to look for help couldn't have been a casual one.

James risked his life in an attempt to save his wife and children. As the father of two young daughters myself, I understand completely.

Collapse -
So terribly sad
by abe-tolentino / December 6, 2006 5:31 AM PST

Can't properly express how sad I feel in learning the bad news. My heart aches for Kati and the girls, as well as all of James' friends and co-workers.

His passing is truly sad, and I feel like I've lost a friend. He died as a hero, trying to rescue his family.

35 is just too damned young to die, but, as the saying goes, the good die young.

You will be missed, James.

Collapse -
My Condolences to the family
by schaklader / December 6, 2006 5:37 AM PST

We well miss him dearly.

Collapse -
condolences from Argentina
by raftos / December 6, 2006 5:39 AM PST

very sad indeed.

Collapse -
So sorry to read this.
by krorg / December 6, 2006 5:40 AM PST

Best wishes to James' friends and family during this terrible time.

Collapse -
we all lost someone special today...
by shawnlin / December 6, 2006 5:40 AM PST

My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of James Kim. I wish the family much peace and strength in this time of grieving.

The searchers also grieve, I wish them peace and strength as well.

Very best wishes to all,

Collapse -
(NT) gosh, it's soo sad. I'm soo sorry.
by shawnlin / December 6, 2006 6:59 AM PST
Collapse -
We are all saddened but this loss of a great man
by ryanmachinery / December 6, 2006 5:43 AM PST

I want to send all of our prayers and condolences to the Kim Family as well as the CNET family. We have all lost a great man and our hearts are with the Kim Family.

Very sad day for us all.
Mari Richardson
Ryan Machinery

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.