Mac Applications forum

General discussion

iwork 08

by forbes_5001 / November 6, 2009 10:01 PM PST

I recently upgraded to Snow. Now when I use iwork 08 pages I cannot see the text. I have the background set to white and text to black. The only way I can see the text is by highlighting over it. Can anybody help?

Forbes_500

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iwork 08
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iwork 08
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
First off,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 7, 2009 3:20 AM PST
In reply to: iwork 08

try deleting the preferences for Pages.

You will find it in your Home folder > Library > Preferences com.Apple.Iwork.Pages.plist

Move it out onto the desktop, and then launch Pages.

A new preference file will be created automatically.

Anything change?

P

Collapse -
No Change
by forbes_5001 / November 7, 2009 11:28 PM PST
In reply to: First off,

Hi P

Many thanks for your help. I tried doing as you said but unfortunately there is no change still can't see text unless highlighted

Many Thanks

Forbes

Collapse -
Does this happen on existing documents
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 7, 2009 11:39 PM PST
In reply to: No Change

or just on new ones?

P

Collapse -
Yes it happens
by forbes_5001 / November 8, 2009 3:24 AM PST

Hi
Yes it happens with new and existing documents. So even when I choose a new blank template and have checked to see if the background is white and the text is black I still can't see the the text. And when I open an existing document that was made when I could see the text it now can only be viewed when highlighted.

MANY THANKS

Forbes

Collapse -
Been playing with this and
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 8, 2009 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: Yes it happens

the only way I can make it happen is when the box to the right of the Font size window is set to White and the box to the right of that is also white.

I know you are going to tell me that yours are Black and White respectively though. Sad

P

Collapse -
Yep!
by forbes_5001 / November 9, 2009 2:34 AM PST

Hi P

Yep I've put them both ways so even with the back ground black and the text white it still comings up the same white background and white text! HELP!!!!! I've just switched to a Mac in the last 2 years and have not regretted it one bit but this wouldn't even happen with Micro's word!! and its just making me feel so frustrated

Forbes

Collapse -
(NT) Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling iWork?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 9, 2009 7:08 AM PST
In reply to: Yep!
Collapse -
Reinstalling
by forbes_5001 / November 10, 2009 1:57 AM PST

Hi P

No my problem is I either bought it and downloaded it from apple or it was already installed when I bought my MacBook, I don't have a disk so I can't reinstall it.

Forbes

Collapse -
Check with Apple,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 10, 2009 7:42 AM PST
In reply to: Reinstalling

if it was present on your machine when your purchased it, assuming it was a new machine, they "may" have sympathy with your plight.

It's worth a try]

P

Collapse -
I think I may have found the problem
by forbes_5001 / November 11, 2009 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: Check with Apple,

Hi P

I think I may have found the problem although explaining may make me look a little stupid!!!! I have looked up my Apple account and at the software I have downloaded and beside iwork08 is the word trial version!! It was so long ago I had assumed I had bought it outright. Unlike Microsoft there is no popup when the time period runs out prompting you to purchase the full version so its a little confusing. I am although assuming that this issue is what happens when the trial version period runs out?

Frobes

Collapse -
That is something that I don't know
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 11, 2009 7:29 AM PST

sounds possible though.

P

Collapse -
Resolved
by forbes_5001 / November 17, 2009 12:15 AM PST

Hi P

Many thanks for your help with this issue. I purchased a copy of iwork09 and have just installed and all is working so far! The trial version must have been the problem Apple should really flag this.

Thanks

Forbes

Collapse -
(NT) Good Job!
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 17, 2009 8:45 AM PST
In reply to: iwork 08
Collapse -
iwork
by bistones / February 9, 2010 11:29 AM PST
In reply to: Good Job!

Why not install office08

Collapse -
(NT) More useful for what?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 9, 2010 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: iwork
Collapse -
I agree
by forbes_5001 / February 15, 2010 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: More useful for what?

I concur More useful for what?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.