Audio & Video Software forum

Itunes shuffel will not turn Off

by funirishman / December 27, 2012 12:52 AM PST

When I burn a CD, even if "shuffle" is turned OFF, it shuffles the songs.

I know that my operating system is old and that the releases are old, but NEW releases for updating will NOT load.

Also, I burned a lot of disks and this issues just started last week {?}

What I can do about this ??

Imac {old}
Mac OS X, 10.4.11
Firefox: 10.4 or,
Safari: 4.1.3
itunes: 9.1.1

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Itunes shuffel will not turn Off
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Itunes shuffel will not turn Off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Try this,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 27, 2012 9:15 AM PST

put the tracks you want to burn into a playlist.
Arrange them in the correct order
Select the playlist and hit the burn button.

CD should burn in the order you have them arranged

Collapse -
Thaks but!!!!
by funirishman / December 27, 2012 11:36 AM PST
In reply to: Try this,

I do just as you say "P" and it STILL SHUFFLES THE CD WHEN IT BURNS IT {??????}

Even when it is buring the CD all the songs are in the order I pladed them...then when I re-insert the burned CD the songs are shuffled {?????}

Any other thoughts ??

Collapse -
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 27, 2012 8:54 PM PST
In reply to: Thaks but!!!!

Try this then,

put a blank CD in
At the prompt, choose Finder
Create a New Folder on the desktop
Open iTunes
Drag each track into that new folder on the desktop
Quit iTunes
Drag the contents of the new folder onto the icon of the blank CD
Make sure they are arranged as you want.
Drag the CD to the trash and say Yes to the burn question.
Still shuffled?

I also wonder if you are viewing the CD with something other than "by name" as the choice

Collapse -
Thanks P
by funirishman / December 27, 2012 11:51 PM PST
In reply to: Interesting,

I'll try that....

I will say this, in case I was NOT clear. The ONLY way I know if the songs have been shuffled is AFTER the burn, I take out the CD {trash}. Them slide it back in....That open up the file/CD and shows me the songs and arrangement, which were shuffled.

Thanks for your help

Collapse -
So you are looking at this with a PC?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2012 1:27 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks P

If so, Explorer often sorts the list. It seems something is left out in this story.

Such as if this AudioCD (is it an AudioCD?) plays in the right order on a CD player?

Collapse -
by funirishman / December 28, 2012 3:40 AM PST

Bob, I think you missed some info...I work on a mac, Apple with itunes..

Collapse -
Same issue can happen.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2012 8:35 AM PST
In reply to: thanks

If I had a MP3 or even an AudioCD the order could be sorted by the app I'm looking at the CD with. Sorry if I missed what you have but the concept and issue is known.

The first time I ran into this the owner had burnt 100's of BAD CDs. Which were actually just fine when played in an AudioCD player.

Collapse -
Thanks Bob
by funirishman / December 29, 2012 3:30 AM PST
In reply to: Same issue can happen.

I appreciate the feed back.

As a side bar, my disks burn GREAT. But they rerrange themselves from the play list and arrangements I selected AND records them "random/Shuffel" {?}

I've never owned an MP3, NEVER owned a PC, never had anyhting but a Mac/apple products.

Over 99% pf the time {25 years} have been GREAT. This is the first issues I have had, when buring a CD {?}

Yip, called apple.....but got a lot of, "Well it's so old, blaw, blaw, blaw" kind of remarks and they were unable to help me.

So, thanks anyway...
Happy New Year

Collapse -
Good to read this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 29, 2012 11:34 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks Bob

I'm pitching in with what I've seen out there. And the worst instance was so bad it was funny bad. I had to put on a poker face as I tried it on an AudioCD player and it was fine. Then back to the PC and it was showing in the wrong order. What can we do?

Well I'll share that I showed them how to name the files so Windows would show them in a specific order so that helped so that the PC and the AudioCD player were in sync.

But here I'm just sharing in hopes that a crack will form and the answer will pour out.

Collapse -
Thanks, again !!
by funirishman / December 30, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: Good to read this.

I appreciate your ideas and I may try something like that.....

I do remember that about 2 months ago I allowed Apple to install the "new" version of itunes, and Viola, my "shuffle" issues.

And being a "mac" supporter through and through, when I called them about this issue they offered me the "Smoke & Mirrors" show. Yes, I know duh!!

I do not burn many cd's so it's not a huge issues, but I'll keep messing around with it and maybe some ideas, and your thoughts will straighten the issues out.

Happy New Year,

Collapse -
Long shot
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 30, 2012 1:10 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks, again !!

Where you turn Shuffle on and off.

What does is say?

Collapse -
Longer shot.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2012 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks, again !!

1. Try another user account.
2. Turn it on and OK it. Turn it off and OK it.

And please try it on a dumb AudioCD player.

Quite the stumper as my buddies say it's working on iTunes 11.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.