iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Alert

ITUNES/IPhone lock out

by nylag / October 6, 2012 3:23 AM PDT

So, please NOTE intrepid IPONE IPAD IPOD users that if you do not maintain the names/numbers of the credit card you used to initiate ITUNES oh so many ITunes generations ago, you won't get past Apple security to get back your hard earned ITUNES music, those CD's that you so easily entrusted to upload to your ITUNES account. So like Apple. To drive away subscribers. After 2 hours with Apple security on the phone, I realized that even though I'd answered all of the security questions corredtly from 2001. Could the beaucrat understand that I was the birthdate I provided, the city that I grew up in, the first car I drove.All of that was me. But the first credit card. Long gone. Bank closed. the card expired anyway...tossed into the garbage. See what happens gang when you don't buy new product from ITUNES anymore? Yes. Its all true. I am locked out of all 800 songs on my ITUNES account. And the IPOD still works. But none of my computers recognize it. without logging into ITUNES to up grade the ITUNE version on my old IPOD I can't make the computer and IPOD handshake. But the IPOD shuffle still shuffles and still holds a charge. Yes, folks it's from 2001.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ITUNES/IPhone lock out
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ITUNES/IPhone lock out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This sounds like a job for...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2012 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: ITUNES/IPhone lock out

-> iRip.

Bob

Collapse -
Let me clarify what might be taken as a crypto challenge.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2012 12:25 PM PDT

If your tunes are on you iP_d, iRip which you can type into most any search page will let you get them back out.

Tada! (Willy, thank you.)

Collapse -
would just like to point out that
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 6, 2012 9:02 AM PDT
In reply to: ITUNES/IPhone lock out

keeping your credit card information up to date does not cost anything.

Neither does updating the firmware on an iPod or updating iTunes on your computer.

P

Collapse -
fail
by klausoppenheimer / October 15, 2012 3:07 PM PDT

updating firmware is an obsolete process toward identification.
been doing the itunes gig for six years, now... they can't identify a single device i've updated.
though it may not cost anything to keep credit card information up to date, it does cost plenty to purchase other traditional forms of ID apple refuses to use to implement an accommodating security system for the consumers they locked out without notice.

Collapse -
Then the problem will auto correct itself.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2012 8:00 AM PDT
In reply to: fail

Folks that are locked out will not buy there and over time the users go elsewhere.

Solved again with a little help from Darwin.
Bob

Collapse -
i'm not sure...
by klausoppenheimer / October 16, 2012 10:46 AM PDT

... darwin had anything to do with it, but i'm guessing you're implying that eventually apple's incompetence will fall victim to some sort of corporate natural selection. this wouldn't bother me. at this point, i'd preferably like to see it sooner than later.
but i'm skeptical- there's a lot of fruitsuckers out there, thriving in the reality distortion field- ready to finance the apple tree. which is fine.
the slave labor they hire make a wonderful product.
i just wish their customer service and security department were as intuitive their slave labor.

Collapse -
Are you nylag?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2012 11:07 AM PDT
In reply to: i'm not sure...

Sorry if I confused the OP with you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.