Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Forum Feedback & Announcements

Rant

Issue regarding CNET

by A380747 / December 3, 2013 10:07 PM PST

This is a complaint regarding CNET which really irritated me.
I had sent an email regarding problems in the"hardware" and "home audio and video" section for which Cnet gives a email address in their Newsletters (usually the link is at the end asking us to email our questions regarding any of the 6 main topics which are given in the newsletters itself). And the "TO" address field is filled automatically .
So I sent the mail a week back, and there is still no reply from them.
I understand the fact that they must be getting a lot of mails from people , and it must be difficult to answer all of them . But at least they should give a short reply saying " we'll get back to you shortly" or something like that.
This is the one site that I still trust for any issues that I face. And I have recommended Cnet to so many friends saying that they have the best support. But now I'm feeling so irritated as there is no reply yet.
Usually they post people's email in the newsletters and send them to us. But they didn't do that for my questions. I'm assuming that since my email to them was a bit long, so they would reply to me and not send the questions in their newsletters. But nothing has happened even now. I just don't know where to go for help. This is the first time I personally emailed them and there is no answer from there side!!!
This is not right.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Issue regarding CNET
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Issue regarding CNET
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I do apologize for your frustrations.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 4, 2013 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: Issue regarding CNET

Please let me explain.

The emails for questions sent to that address goes into an email archive and it is reviewed. Eventually one of the questions from a member is selected and presented in the CNET Community Newsletter on Friday for the community member to help out. As you know from reading the newsletter, we can only present one question per week. And it is good chance it may not be present in a timely manner if your needs are urgent. We do get a lot of emails from members and unfortunately we only present one question per week.

This is the reason why in the Community newsletter we also include this message to members when submitting a question:

"Need help tech right away? Don't wait for us, post your questions in the CNET Forums for all the tech help and how-tos."

Because I personally know many times, help question can't wait and if your question is urgent, the best thing to do is to post your question in the CNET forums to have our community members in forums help you out.

I want to reassure you that we don't just disregard your e-mails and they are saved. But I will agree with you that we should have an auto e-mail responder to let people like you know, that the e-mail has been received and note to recommend the forums if the question is urgent. I will work something in our system to incorporate this and again I do apologize for your frustrations and I thank for being such a loyal CNET member.

Why don't you post your question in the CNET forums, I'm sure many members will be more than willing to help you out.

Just go to http://forums.cnet.com and pick the most appropriate forum to post in and submit your question to that forum.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
Really appreciate your fast reply Lee Koo. Thanks.
by A380747 / December 4, 2013 8:39 PM PST

I didn't think that someone from Cnet will actually answer to my post. As you said about asking for help in the community; well I had done that after sending the mail itself, so that may be part of the issue could be solved. But i still haven't got a satisfying solution.
But that dosent matter . I'll wait for your reply .
But don't think you have lost a member. I will continue referring Cnet.. Haha.
Thanks for your support.

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 5, 2013 3:16 AM PST

I see your question in the archive... indeed it is a lengthy question Wink

I know you posted something similar in the Sony forum and didn't get quite get the answer you were looking for, but since your question is very specific, I would recommend that you post it in the CNET home audio & video forum here: http://forums.cnet.com/home-audio-and-video-forum/ as we have a much more active community in the Home and Audio forum and I think there will more eyes on your question and some members will be able help out. Give a try.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Okay, I'll try that forum. :)
by A380747 / December 5, 2013 11:22 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks for the reply!

As you have checked my post on the Sony forum page, you'll know that Bob has given a reply saying that the PS3 is a new model !!! ( I think he might have meant the 12 GB version). So that means many people including me, who MIGHT have gone for the PS3 (12gb) some months back instead of PS4 are at a disadvantage merely because of SONY wanting to finish of their stock or wanting to have some last minute profits!
Actually I didn't want the ps3 In the first place . Sony was just giving it for free with the W950 series TV(free, they claim!) , and not taking the FREE ps3 would have reduced the TV price for me by about $100 which is actually kind of a loss anyway because the original device costs $200.
So I took it just for "few games at a time" kind of play. But still who will buy such products from now on if SONY doesn't have an answer.
I hope they do something about it. May be you can find out something about it taking your own time Happy
Thanks anyway Lee. And I'll definitely try the forum you mentioned about after some time.
Keep up the good work.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.