Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

is this avast program completly free?

by C211814A / December 14, 2011 11:11 AM PST
i was given norton with my computer that i could try for 30 days free but then i would have to pay for it and i can nt aford anything else right now.
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: is this avast program completly free?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: is this avast program completly free?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Yes, it is
by CharleyO / December 14, 2011 3:37 PM PST

Collapse -
(NT) thank you very much
by C211814A / December 17, 2011 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: Yes, it is
Collapse -
thank you very much
by CharleyO / December 18, 2011 11:34 AM PST
In reply to: thank you very much

Collapse -
Answer
Free version is free
by talks_44 / December 29, 2011 9:07 AM PST

And very good. A tech friend of mine turned me on to it when he helped me clean out a computer that had become majorly infected with multiple viruses. I've been using Avast ever since.

Also just like to say, Norton is more of a virus than an anti-virus in my opinion. It's not really any good. I don't recommend anyone using Norton (and I remove it from friends/family members computers when they speak of anti-virus)

Collapse -
Answer
Avast Free
by Chutsman / January 2, 2012 9:48 AM PST

If you haven't yet installed the trial Norton then you can simply download and install the free Avast. Be careful when looking for the download link though as there will be other Download buttons that are not for the Avast software.

Collapse -
Answer
It is free under this condition
by Cola56 / February 7, 2012 10:51 AM PST

The Avast! free antivirus is just free with the Family version,but others are need you to pay for it.And it need you to register it with email and other information every year.

Collapse -
Thanks or the share. .
by cafepos / February 16, 2012 4:53 PM PST

Well, most of the anti virus has there trial versions. I have been considering it as free also.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.