This is usually done by some seller I won't write their name. This pretty much voids the maker's warranty. I'd look for a stock unit that comes right out of the factory box when you get it rather than one some one has tinkered with.
Hey so I'm pretty new to buying laptops and I wasn't sure if this was a reasonable price for what I will be getting. I do a lot of PC gaming and plan to play games like Skyrim, Far Cry, and other recent games on medium to high graphics settings. I'm planning on ordering this laptop from xoticpc for about $1020, is it worth the price and will it do what I need it to do?
- 15.6" FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Matte Type Screen (SKU - X1R354)
- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP) (SKU - X2X317)
- nVidia GeForce GT 635M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR3 DX11 w/ Optimus Technology (SKU - X3R523)
- COPPER COOLING UPGRADE - Extra Cooling Copper Heatsinks Applied to the Heatsink/Heatpipes (XPC Service)
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-422P] (Dual Channel Memory (2x4GB SODIMMS)) - Default
- 1,000GB (1TB) 5400RPM (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s) - Default (SKU - X5R353)
- Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card + Bluetooth 4.0 (SKU - X8R012)
- Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell)
- WINDOWS 8 - 64-Bit (Pre-Installed + Drivers & Utilities Disk)