Phones forum

Question

is there a way to use whatsapp and viber on multiple phones?

by drive88mph / December 19, 2011 6:34 AM PST

i got two phones which i have to switch every month or every two weeks (an android and iphone) and is a little bit of wasted time to try to subscribe to these services waiting for the confirmation sms mesages on each app every time i switch, so i wanted to know if there was some kind of method so that i would just have to switch my sim to each phone and have the whatsapp and viber apps already activated?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: is there a way to use whatsapp and viber on multiple phones?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: is there a way to use whatsapp and viber on multiple phones?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I just helped someone install Viber
by Pepe7 / December 19, 2011 6:38 AM PST

You might ask in their support forum, although my gut feeling is no. Although I saw no specific mention of a service being mated to a specific handset, it would make sense that they require the verification just for security purposes. Perhaps it's covered here:

Collapse -
yeah but there is almost no mention or none at all
by drive88mph / December 19, 2011 9:08 AM PST

i always receive a message saying that is not recommended to carry the app on more than one phone...according to them is not possible... but i was looking for a fix or a patch or something...

Collapse -
Can you see why they would say that?
by Pepe7 / December 19, 2011 11:47 PM PST

Given it's a free service, they don't want to break the bank ;)>

Collapse -
Viber number on a second device
by ViberTeam / December 21, 2011 4:11 PM PST

Hi Pepe7,

Please see our response below.
Note that you can register a second device, just not with the same Viber number. For example, you can use a friend's number or your own home number to activate Viber on a second device, and that device's Viber identity will be that home number.

For more questions, please see our Facebook page.

Regards,
the Viber Team.

Collapse -
Answer
Viber Team
by ViberTeam / December 20, 2011 9:42 PM PST

Hi, this is a member of Viber's development team.

Collapse -
iMessage
by Mishalmf / August 12, 2012 11:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Viber Team

how about working on verification via email so I can register my 3 devices Happy my blackberry, samsung S II and my ipad ?. I would really want to continue my long conversations on a screen like the ipad rather then my blackberry curve. just like iMessage

Collapse -
uhh
by 1DCollective97 / February 13, 2013 7:52 AM PST
In reply to: Viber Team

It would be cool if you guys could do that. I have viber on both my phone and ipod and its just a hassle having to sign out of each one and sign in again on the other. I like to have it on both my phone and ipod though because its easy for me. Also, is there a way for you to log out or something? cos when i leave viber and turn off my wifi to save power when i go out and then i put data on to tweet or check facebook, i sometimes get messages on viber from my friends and that uses up my credit (its not twitter or fb because on my plan its free social networking -viber not included) is there a way to temporarilly log out? i dont like it eating my credit.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.