Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Is the "Add to my products". . .

by Coryphaeus / March 27, 2008 10:28 AM PDT

going to be fixed?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is the "Add to my products". . .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is the "Add to my products". . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your wife told me
by PudgyOne / March 27, 2008 11:48 AM PDT

you have too many products, just kidding. I couldn't resist this.

Collapse -
Actually. . .
by Coryphaeus / March 27, 2008 9:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Your wife told me

Several months ago I built another PC and wife said if I did it again I could sleep in the garage. Right now I have three desktops and a laptop. And she has a laptop.

Collapse -
by John.Wilkinson / March 27, 2008 11:56 AM PDT

But the lack of an engineering presence this past year and the newsbreak of 120 employees being laid off do not paint an optimistic picture.

Collapse -
Half of CNET is out of the office.
by PudgyOne / March 27, 2008 12:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Supposedly...

Was reading a new article and clicked on offensive report, for the subject. Got 3 emails stating they were out of the office and to contact someone else.

All were cnet email addresses.

Maybe we could be out of the office for a while, I wish. Have to work everyday.

Collapse -
This is going away eventually...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 2, 2008 9:15 AM PDT

Things always seem like a great idea in the beginning, but then when push comes to shove if the feature just isn't working as far as a ROI (Return on investment), it gets canned. I loved "My products" and used it and so did a few--just not enough to justify it's continuance. So when the TPTB says it goes, it goes... This eventually will be removed.

Currently as it is, it's almost impossible to find a place to add products to your list. Initially when I realized the buttons where missing on CNET review after their little redesign, I thought it was a bug where they had forgotten about those button, but eventually found out it wasn't a mistake.

I'm hoping eventually they will bring something like that back... but as of now that feature is pretty much good as gone. Sad

Collapse -
Why are we still here?
by HektikLyfe / July 16, 2008 3:23 AM PDT

No real reason to continue having an account here for me then. I had my product list, wanted list and like that I had access to information and reviews about those products without having to search for model numbers and such.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.