Computer Help forum

General discussion

Is PC Health Advisor good?

by AndeWit / October 24, 2013 9:30 PM PDT

I want help to do the right thing with my computer. I found PC Health Advisor. Is that a good one?
I have registered by PC Health Advisor and then I get a message that I can buy their product and I pay less till 25 oktober when I buy it now.
What can I use what PC Health say?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is PC Health Advisor good?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is PC Health Advisor good?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No
by Jimmy Greystone / October 24, 2013 10:50 PM PDT

No. Even knowing nothing at all about the program, based off the name and the little bit you described, that program is a scam. Avoid it and any programs of a similar nature.

Anything that claims to be able to fix a bunch of problems with Windows, improve Windows performance by several orders of magnitude, mentions doing anything at all with the registry or anything along that general theme of program is all but certain to be a scam. In particular are programs that, shortly after you install them, pop up with some limited time sale price. In a number of countries, that sort of thing could very well be illegal, since most of the time the discount isn't really time limited thus it is geared towards making the consumer make a purchase they may not have otherwise if they had more time to contemplate the offer. If it's not a scam, it will likely do absolutely nothing under the best of circumstances, but might well create problems where none existed before.

Collapse -
pc health
by swramsay / November 22, 2013 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: No

I agree. I registered and now it just pesters me with 'problems' it can fix. I suspect it's a scam.

Collapse -
Be leery
by Willy / October 25, 2013 3:30 AM PDT

I agree with Jimmy on this as well.

Too often any pgm. that sounds too good and makes a play for money up front before even doing anything or similar it's just a ploy to get your money. Sure, there are some good freebies, but generally those out there that maybe freebies are trolling for simple users and hope to snag you. Worse, it maybe also a method to install malware or worse outright infect you, so take care.

Please visit the: http://forums.cnet.com/spyware-viruses-security-forum/

and thake your cues of there via the sticky post and/or post questions there on anything security or malware based.

to answer you ? directly, "don't do it"

tada -----Willy Shocked

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.