Spyware, Viruses, & Security

Resolved Question

Is Norton 360 valid on Microsoft tablet?

by engtianxi / November 25, 2012 11:18 AM PST

I may want to purchase a Microsoft tablet (which is the Windows 8 os) next year and my Norton 360 license is going to expire in 7 days. If yes, I would need to renew my license now. If no, that means I need to purchase Norton 360 Multi device to use it on the tablet. When this occurs, I will need to use Microsoft security essentials tempoary.

URGENT!!!

engtianxi has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is Norton 360 valid on Microsoft tablet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is Norton 360 valid on Microsoft tablet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Which Windows 8?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 25, 2012 11:27 PM PST

While you need to ask Microsoft you also need to be clear which Windows 8 you are going to. Windows 8 is accepted by most to be the one you run on laptops and Intel powered PCs.

Windows 8 RT is a restricted tablet where you can't install apps except from the Microsoft Store.

Which one are you looking at?
Bob

Collapse -
versions
by engtianxi / November 27, 2012 9:05 AM PST
In reply to: Which Windows 8?

Oh..., thanks for reminding me that windows 8 RT is not valid.

So, Windows 8 RT is not valid, is Windows 8 Pro is valid?

Collapse -
We can check on 8 Pro at Symantac.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 9:57 AM PST
In reply to: versions

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by engtianxi

Collapse -
Doubt about Norton 360
by joekingsley / November 26, 2012 2:09 PM PST

There is no need to use Temporary Microsoft essentials.Don't want to renew your license just purchase newer one that will quite enough for your tablet and PC. Just follow the instructions.

Collapse -
have the key
by engtianxi / November 27, 2012 9:10 AM PST
In reply to: Doubt about Norton 360

I alredy have a Norton 360 product key (NFR). The key is not a renewal key, it is only a product key card. When I cannot use it on the Windows 8 Pro tablet, then I must purchase a license of Norton 360 Multi Device; if I can use it on the device, I just renew my Nortn 360 license now.

Can I use the key that I have?

Collapse -
Answer
better to buy new one.
by TechSarva / December 7, 2012 4:43 AM PST

No, the Norton 360 is not valid for windows 8, as it has all new features and it will not support your new one.
Its preferable to buy the new one instead of wasting money on older one.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.