Car Tech forum

General discussion

Is a BMW Z3 a G-I-R-L-Y car!!???

by kanderman / November 2, 2007 8:34 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is a BMW Z3 a G-I-R-L-Y car!!???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is a BMW Z3 a G-I-R-L-Y car!!???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BMW Z3 is not girly
by wcunning CNET staff / November 2, 2007 10:43 AM PDT

There are some people who would say any car that isn't a pick-up truck is a girly car, so I wouldn't worry too much about that label. If you like the looks of the car and the way it drives, then it doesn't matter if someone says it's a girly car, because you'll know that it's cool. And of course I'm going to defend the Z3, because I own a Z3 Coupe, [http://www.autoholic.de/images/resized/MeJGmF1Fqs.jpg ]

Collapse -
wow!
by kanderman / November 4, 2007 9:45 AM PST
In reply to: BMW Z3 is not girly

wow nice...do you love it?

Collapse -
love my Z3 Coupe
by wcunning CNET staff / November 5, 2007 8:38 AM PST
In reply to: wow!

I'm very happy with my Z3 Coupe. Being a two-seater, it's not the most practical, but I really like the way it drives. Probably the best-handling car I've ever had. It's only got the 2.8-liter straight six, but that seems plenty. I particularly enjoy throwing it around corners where I can get the back to slide out a bit. In those situations, the slide always seems predictable, so I can use it in the turn, rather than anything uncontrolled.

Collapse -
My Swiss Mercedes driving friends said...
by gary85739 / November 5, 2007 6:55 AM PST

They considered BMW's to be ..."a streetwalkers car"...

Collapse -
Even though this is a old thread I wanna share my thoughts
by vfz3dinans1 / March 17, 2009 10:24 AM PDT

The Z3 sooner or later will become a timeless classic. Even though the M Roadster out performs a Z3 in almost every turn, truth be told, the M is a entirely different car and the Z3 is a pure classic BMW roadster that screams simplicity. Unlike the M roadster the Z has that unmistakable gill cut outs that sit perfect with the blue and white roundel. I recommend if you pick up a Z3 that it be either a 2.8i or a 3.0i manual.

This car is a highly very attractive looking piece of machinery that should never let you feel as if you?re driving a girly car. These roadsters will never be cooler to the outside world as they will be to you the driver and to the hot waitress that got taken by its breath taken appeal.

This car was quoted as looking like Pam Anderson without her make up lol?. Just the curves without the cover up. My friend made a comment once that the car was too good looking for a male and I simply responded ?if you cannot handle a sexy car then how could you handle a sexy women?.

This would be a fine choice in my opinion to own. BMW Roadsters are handled only by the enthusiast that knows a good thing when he sees?s it?.
This is not a car that you should buy expecting to blow the wheels off other motor heads, but would be a car you buy TO MAKE A BLUNT STATEMENT. And that statement is I drive Bavarian Motor Works cars and if I drive a roadster you bet you?re A$$ it will be a Bimmer!

Black on Black 3.0i Manual won?t let you down.

Collapse -
Wow...funny thread
by make_or_break / July 22, 2009 11:45 PM PDT

Glad someone dragged this one back to life.

Personally I think the Z3 is no more "girly" than any other small sports open-top, although it doesn't strike a roughneck pose like, say, a Lotus Elise does (yet talk about a "girly" name for a car). It's not even as cute as the MX-5 Miata, and I don't think that car's particularly "girly" (look at how many older, middle-aged men drive those if you don't just want to rely on one opinion). If there's any BMW "Z" that I'd consider girly, I'd pick the E85 Z4 long before the Z3.

I never thought of the Z3 as a great-looking car, though I can see why it has its advocates.

Collapse -
Z3 and girls
by Ncantero / March 19, 2013 11:27 PM PDT
In reply to: Wow...funny thread

I own a tiny 1.9 140 hp BMW z3. It's the smaller version. Even so, it's practically the best driving sensation you could get!. It is agile and precise. You certainly feel as a pilot when speeding on a curvy road Nothing girly about that.
On the other hand, I can assure you this is a car girls love. Nothing wrong about that either.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.