iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Resolved Question

IPod touch 1st gen - frozen on reset

by IPODIDIOT / August 7, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">i bought my 12yr old one of the above second hand and it was working fine but as it was second hand and i wasnt sure what was on it i decided to reformat it back to factory settings.. as it was jailbreaked with spirit jailbreak not sure what this was exactly and didnt want my son messing around on it... it started to reset and had now been stuck for 3 hrs on the apple logo. occasionally the screen blacks out then comes back on and the little symbol so say its doing something is there then it freezes (the symbol) then it goes and comes back... can anyone please help i can make it black screen with the sleep button but thats all... i have one very unhappy little boy Sad itunes wont even recognise it as connected.

IPODIDIOT has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IPod touch 1st gen - frozen on reset
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IPod touch 1st gen - frozen on reset
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by IPODIDIOT

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 7, 2011 8:41 AM PDT

Talk to the seller about un-jailbreaking it. It's modified so anything I know does not apply.

Collapse -
Thank you and result :)
by IPODIDIOT / August 7, 2011 8:31 PM PDT
In reply to: jailbreaked

Hi thank you for taking the time to reply.. i did actually contact apple store this morning and they told me how to sort it... so for anyone else that has this problem i thought i would post how i resolved it with help from apple.

Collapse -
jailbroken ipod touch 1g - hangs at apple logo
by dhruv84 / May 18, 2013 10:08 PM PDT

After years of successfully using a jailbroken ipod touch 1st generation (jail broke using redsnow), I decided to take my old ipod touch 1g out of the closet and use it again.In the ipod menu, I clicked the reset button hoping it would remove the jailbreak and restore it to factory settings. To my utter shock, whenever am starting the ipod touch it gets stuck at the apple logo (also shows a thin line indicating jailbreak) and then restarts and again gets stuck at the logo.

I am in the midst of trying the process highlighted above but am not sure if new itunes version recognize the ipod touch 1g...

any other ways to reset it would be much appreciated.

Collapse -
never mind...its sorted
by dhruv84 / May 20, 2013 4:22 AM PDT

It seems that when I had clicked the reset button the software may have become corrupt. So I used redsnow to jailbreak it again and success. I was able to access the ipod touch and used itunes to restore to the original ipsw file. thanks.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.