LG forum

Question

Ipod through lg tv or ss

by 1mo_b / November 15, 2012 6:15 AM PST

I am trying to play ipod through lg smart tv or the surround sound, can't seem to get all the contents of ipod through tv, but can't get anything through the s-sound. Lets just say i'm totally new at this. Can anyone give me any tips or pointers please?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipod through lg tv or ss
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipod through lg tv or ss
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
How is it connected? Which ipod?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2012 6:34 AM PST

Frankly this is where an Apple TV shines.
Bob

Collapse -
Ipod
by 1mo_b / November 15, 2012 6:45 AM PST

I have an Ipod, i touch and an i touch 2, have tried all three through the tv through the usb port, then also tried trough the usb port on the surround sound.

Collapse -
Most USB connections are very limited.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2012 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: Ipod

I have to access my ipod in disk mode, drop files that and it's not a good thing. I'll not go further with that method.

Apple changed the USB recently (3 years is recent to me) so my take is that over USB, nothing should work.
Bob

Collapse -
Ipod
by 1mo_b / November 15, 2012 5:56 PM PST

Would it be possible to use the trip the way you do in the car?

Collapse -
"trip"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2012 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: Ipod

Sorry I'm taking a wild guess you mean "trick." The disk mode is no trick. It's a supported feature of maybe all iPods. Here's a link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.