iPhones, iPods, & iPads

General discussion

Ipod 3rd gen and worst customer service I have ever had!

by donnymize / July 26, 2009 1:47 PM PDT

I am having issue with my ipod 3rd gen within 30days of purchase. Go back to store it was bought from and am told its opened they can not take it back and I have to go to apple store.
So we go to the apple store and its a 3 HOUR WAIT or make an appointment. At my appointment (2nd trip to this damn store) I am told all they can do is give me an exchange, I want a refund but have to settle for exchange which i have to come back for. 3rd trip to this store get my exchanged ipod which seem to be refurbished ipod for my new one? and it fails within 2 days!!!!!!
Now I have to go back for a 4th time!!!!!!!!!!
BUY ANYTHING BUT APPLE YOU'LL PAY LESS AND BE HAPPIER!!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipod 3rd gen and worst customer service I have ever had!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipod 3rd gen and worst customer service I have ever had!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Suggestion
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / July 29, 2009 8:49 AM PDT

Go to the Apple Site at http://www.apple.com/support/contact/
and choose the Arrange a call with an Apple Expert option.
They will call you back at the number you specify, really quickly

Have all your paperwork at hand and go through the whole thing with the tech.

Chances are you will get your iPod replaced, refurbished is the norm over the entire industry, reasonably quickly and you will not have to wait around in the Apple store

P

Collapse -
Make appointment at Geniusbar
by stevenmonster / July 31, 2009 9:46 AM PDT

Hi. FYI, If you really want to go to Apple store to get technical support, you should go to make appointment at Genuisbar and book your time to meet with them instead of wasting time to wait at the store for the whole day.

Here is the link to make appointment:
http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Hopefully, it will help you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.