iPhones, iPods, & iPads

Alert

iPhones can be hacked!

by LuvMyFamily4 / June 28, 2011 7:06 PM PDT

Sooo.... " invulnerable " Mac gets hacked!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPhones can be hacked!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPhones can be hacked!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: hacked
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 28, 2011 7:14 PM PDT
In reply to: iPhones can be hacked!

Sorry to read your story. But I'm afraid we can't help.

Kees

Collapse -
Ranting doesn't help
by Pepe7 / June 29, 2011 12:22 AM PDT

Understand, your massive diatribe is hard to read and comes across like a bad conspiracy theory movie on lifetime channel Wink

Collapse -
At least I you made me smile :)
by LuvMyFamily4 / June 29, 2011 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Ranting doesn't help

I know it doesn't help but venting does. So much more to the story! Lies and deception doesn't help. And money I really didn't have was put into fixing the issue only to find out that it wasn't fixed. I quit my job Job because it got into the had gotten into the software and he wanted me to continue using it. Seriously?!?! I would never put clients information out there like that! Just the way I am. Frustrating because the whole situation was absurd and I knew it sounded crazy but once evidencewas seen by a few others, it blew their minds! I just haven't been able to get it to the right person! Officials made me feel like a complete nutcase it, I know what I've seen and experienced with this. Literally destroying my family and at times I just wanna pack clothes and leave everything behind to go across country. I'm seriously worried about all the families here in the US. I don't want anyone to go through what my family has since this attack! And I'm so afraid it's gonna come to that in the near future. I'm like the Bourne Ultimatum... Lol! And seems to be a start of war of the world!

Collapse -
Look...
by Pepe7 / June 29, 2011 4:55 AM PDT

"...Apple is rude and Microsoft is nice.."

Collapse -
Dump the iPhone, etc.
by Doh_1 / July 1, 2011 5:51 PM PDT

Hey, before I'd quit my job and leave my family because of a phone, I'd dump the iPhone and whatever else was making me paranoid, and do something different for a phone. Either another iPhone with a different phone number, or one of any number of other nice smart phones that are on the market. You really need to stand back and get out of the trees and above the forest, get some perspective and re-think how you can just go around all this stuff rather than trying to hack your way out.

Collapse -
Sorry, I really do not believe that your phone was Hacked,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 29, 2011 8:33 AM PDT

An inoperable rental (whatever that is) was hacked too
and the 3 PC's at the house
and the office PC?

Collapse -
Unlikely
by 3rdalbum / July 11, 2011 11:35 AM PDT

While I don't think the iPhone is very secure (Apple doesn't really design things to be "secure"), I don't believe your story.

Collapse -
Keep it civil......
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 11, 2011 2:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Unlikely

Or this thread will be locked and could result in a temporary ban for any offenders. No need for name calling or insults. We are entitled to our opinions, but somethings don't need to be expressed on a public forum.

Collapse -
So far, so good.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2011 1:46 AM PDT

So far the only hacks I've found involve the owner installing some app or decoder.

Slow down and read more about socially engineered exploits that have folk installing apps or decoders or other things that can cause problems.

-> Unless we move to some system locked down like the Xbox, PS2/3, Wii then a PERSONAL COMPUTER can be personalized and if some socially engineered method which has the owner help install some app or decoder the exploits will continue.

No where have I read the Apple (anything) is unhackable. It is was, not many would want it.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) I knew I was not crazy
by Thomas1283 / September 27, 2011 3:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Me too. It all happened July 2011
by Thomas1283 / September 27, 2011 4:18 AM PDT

I am glad someone else has had the same problems I have had. I do believe your phone was hacked. I had exactly the same problems plus some more. Apple told me my phone was fine, but when I sinc my phone to a computer that computer gets viruses, worms, Trojans, and script problems. I started noticing my phone acting slow or like it was over worked. When I did a simple search using google, the URL after the search did not look right. I would copy and paste the URL in a google search and would get no results. The address was around 60 characters including symbols. After chopping the address down till google would accept it I would get info on what it meant. Or similar searches with that address. An example. In google I searched iPhone. The search gave results but I was interested in the URL. The URL reads "h ttps://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&q=iphone&oq=iphone&aq=f&aqi=s3g2&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=3072l4993l0l7558l7l6l0l3l3l0l519l1184l3-2.0.1l3l0" I hope the quotes make link not clickable. Apple and Verizon all say my phone is fine. So that link should not be considered bad. To me that link days a lot. The ? At the beginning says that google does not know what the rest of the address means or info on it. Now before I complained and demanded a new phone, I would get two or more addresses. Basically another website was inserted and show info for that. The best way to explain it is cross site scripting. People build java script and encode them in many things like emails, texts, web pages, ect. By embedding the code you are able to make your page look like the real page and then see everything they type. Like a keylogger basically. In all my research I gound out that the people got access to my phone because of an email. Hidden headers in emails can contain code or java script and not visible. Just opening the email it's activated.

My phone was accessed by using my open ports. Since my phone wad synced to my computer and emails they were able to travel freely through all devices on my network using a program. The one I found was itunnel. Among that program I found an iPhone recovery tool, the itunnel, a mobile remote assistant program, and log files. In the log files were many notes with dates and times and stating that the many people involved used this program at this time, using this port number and was allowed to access searches, bookmarks, and so on. The end of the log had all emails and names or ip addresses of all that worked on the "project" (ha for all that said I wad crazy) I made a copy of my c drive onto a cd for proof.

The program said it was apple mobile assistant. I brought this to apple and they just recommended I wipe and update/reformat my phone. I was at version 4.2.8 for Verizon. After the update I went to 4.4.1. And was told that everything was ok. I laughed and said i don't believe it is. My phone was still the same in behavior. I brought the phone to apple service and they "checked" for anything but found nothing. They just reset it he said. Why reset it? I just reformatted it. Well after they said I'm crazy in not those exact words I left. I noticed my phone was not at 4.4.1 anymore. I called apple and asked if they ever downgrade the version and they said never. Okay so after asking the technician if he did it I came to the understanding that my phone downgraded all by itself. Ok. I called Verizon and asked what version they provide for my iPhone 4 and was told that it should be 4.2.10 I told them what happened and they said that that version number was AT&T not Verizon. I said I'm at 4.2.9 now and phone did all. This by itself. I took a pic of it and brought it to Verizon, when I got there and showed them it then said I was at 4.2.10. Laughed and said I want a new phone and did not believe anyone that it was ok. Showed them my pics and told them I had that cd with all tools programs and logs on it. They ignored it again saying no virus can affect iPhone or apple computers. Java script is not a virus. But that was not enough.

To sum it all up I got a new phone to "shut me up" and sent on my way. My computers are still crap, my phone still does everything it did before. I think I'm cursed and constantly questioning people like they are involved. I want my life back and move on. My com is still messed up and won't let me run any antivirus programs. It hid itself in the computers hkey users in registry and made itself administrator with all and special permissions after taking me off and removing all my permissions. So I cannot delete the files or programs it creates nor disable all the remote accesses it puts on my comp, or modifies my port numbers on my iPhone. If you have any questions or answers please get ahold of me. Pugie97@yahoo or thomas1283@hotmail you are not crazy and I know it. We both have proof.

Tom

When my computer crashed, I booted to safe mode and tried to see what the problem was. I found a lot of programs that were hidden by selecting show all hidden files and folders in settings. Some folders are supposed to be hidden, yes Microsoft does this. But when a folder has programs and a break down of my drive set up with all the folder names too that's not normal.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to disable link (added space to URL so it would not hyperlink) on 09/27/2011 at 12:34 PM PT

Collapse -
thread closed
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 28, 2011 7:53 AM PDT

This thread is going nowhere fast and has nothing productive to say. Thread closed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.