iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Question

iPhone 4s will not charge

by broderickc / March 11, 2013 8:38 AM PDT

I had my phone charged at 100% this morning, and didn't use it all, and when I took it out at lunch it was at 1% and then died. So now I'm home, and whenever I charge it, it takes about a half hour of charging to even turn on, and then it just stays at 1%. I've already tried 3 different chargers and it's making no difference. I've rebooted it many times and turned it on and off.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPhone 4s will not charge
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPhone 4s will not charge
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Different cables too?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 11, 2013 8:41 AM PDT

Next stop is the Apple counter and hope you have the warranty.

Collapse -
(NT) Yes, 3
by broderickc / March 11, 2013 10:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Different cables too?
Collapse -
Link covers a few items.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 11, 2013 10:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, 3
Collapse -
Compare the cost of OOWS vs battery repair
by Pepe7 / March 12, 2013 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, 3

I believe Apple still charges a flat $199 for OOWS (out of warranty service) replacement of your 4S iPhone. Just compare that cost vs the cost of repairing a battery.

Personally, I would go for the Apple handset replacement (even if getting a battery fix costs $100) since their refurbs are much better IME than the typical refurb from other manufacturers.

More here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-1484386.html

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Iphone 4s charging
by jacksonbird03 / March 11, 2013 7:44 PM PDT

I think there is a issue with your phone battery....
you will take it to the customer care so that they will help you.

Collapse -
Answer
Take it to the Apple store
by JonathanTheGreat / March 21, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

Probably the battery has the problem ,
take it to the Apple store to the costumer care.

Collapse -
Answer
Genius Bar
by Fengquan_Zhang / March 25, 2013 10:23 AM PDT

Make an appointment with the Genius Bar at any Apple store to have them take a look at it for you.

Collapse -
Answer
4s wont charge
by betadan / April 5, 2013 8:59 AM PDT

First make sure you are using a real apple charger. if your phone is older over a year the battery may be drying up and thus not holding a charge. Sadly the iPhone battery isn't "user replaceable" so Apple will just make you get a new phone, or give you a new phone if you are still under warranty. If I leave my cell data on my phone will only last about 5-6 hours before its dead as a brick Sad

Collapse -
Answer
There may be some problems with your iphone.
by tohapply / April 6, 2013 5:48 PM PDT

As you have changed 3 chargers but it made no difference so I think you should repaid iphone.

Collapse -
Answer
Iphone charging issue
by jacksonbird03 / April 11, 2013 6:41 PM PDT

Hey it is a very serious problem, that you have in your iphone..
Hope your iphone is in warrenty period..
You just take it to the store and solve the problem...

Collapse -
Answer
apple charger
by C_NET_Groupie / May 25, 2013 7:57 AM PDT

Is one of those charger the original one? If they are all aftermarket chargers I would try using the actual iPhone charger from a friend if you don't have one.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.