iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

iPhone 4s

by jollyton / October 6, 2011 1:57 AM PDT

I think its a joke!!! I dont see why would anyone pay for iPhone 4s when there are lots of other better phones out there Blush

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPhone 4s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPhone 4s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There are "better" phones available?
by laugibbins / October 6, 2011 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: iPhone 4s

Better is an opinion of the beholder. I have an iPhone4 and love it! Love the iOS platform and iTunes Store. The 4s is really the proper way to release the latest version update without dramatic change. There are of course new goodies, features and apps - which make it a tad more enviable than the 4 of gen 3s. Did you know that Droid OS is more suseptible to hacking?

Collapse -
Never owned an Apple product?
by gcmillerj / October 6, 2011 7:48 AM PDT

You obviously have never owned an Apple product. Once you own one, you will say to yourself, "Everything should be made like this! It worked the first time, exactly as it should, and it has continued to work just as well for all the years that I have owned it. And now someone is offering to by it from me for the same amount that I paid for it all those years ago when I bought it!!!"
If you can understand that, you'll understand why Apple users are so extremely loyal!

Collapse -
by sam1278 / October 6, 2011 8:57 AM PDT

I think not releasing the Iphone 5 is a mistake. We are in a world of big 4.3 inch screens and 4g and the new iphone doesn't have any of that so yes it being an apple product is great and all but the new iphone should be a device ahead of the crowd this iphone 4s though an improvement is clearly not a benchmark device. it has features that have been on the market for months in other smartphones.

Collapse -
I tend to agree in that regard,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 6, 2011 9:02 AM PDT
In reply to: dissapointment.

I was expecting a 4G capable phone, with a bunch of improvements that took it out in front of the competition.
The fact that it is a "World" phone is something that I don't think has been done in the US before though. I could be wrong.

Collapse -
Interesting article regarding speed
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 7, 2011 11:29 PM PDT
Collapse -
The 4G indicator icon doesn't mean LTE
by Pepe7 / October 17, 2011 1:45 PM PDT

Since there's no LTE(A) radio under the hood on the 4S, it's not _real_ 4G. Sorry. I don't give two hoots if the ITU redefined what 4G service is just to please the carriers either. Wink
ATT should simply keep using the H+ icon like on their other devices to avoid confusion when they roll out LTE service nationally.

Collapse -
World Phone
by Fi0S-Dave / October 14, 2011 12:20 PM PDT

Please check out the Samsung Focus running Windows 7.5.
With its large AMOLED screen, with brilliant color and brightness,
its text-to-speech and speech-to-text, 5MP camera, Active Tiles (this
shows you incoming items in real time), and over 500 features with the latest Mango upgrade, you will be truly impressed. I have well over 45 useful apps loaded and not one of them cost anything! It is nice to have the freedom of using several app stores, not just one! It is tightly integrated with WIndows, so (for instance) if you have a large address book in Hotmail, it automagically appears on your phone! (mine has over 400 entries).
Another nice feature is you can automatically upload your pictures to SkyDrive (or Dropbox) thus making them immediately available to whomever you desire!

Collapse -
Not a dissappointment
by Joshxy / October 7, 2011 3:23 PM PDT

I know a user of a Samsung 4.x" screen. That user finds it clumsy as a phone and wishes for an iPhone. I looked closely at these 4+" and concluded little screen space is added, yet the phone is just a bit bulky to pocket and carry.

Collapse -
4" is big and bulky.. Please....
by pt1209 / October 15, 2011 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Not a dissappointment

Nonsense!!! I have a Galaxy S2 with the 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus display and iPhones wish they had a display this big, bright, vivid and flat out gorgeous... I had a Focus w/WP7 for 10 months and it had a better display then the iPhone but the OS/WP7 got old and boring within a couple months use(locked down with absolutely NO customization abilities). I'm not a iPhone basher for ive had them, I have a iPad & Touch and my wife uses a iPhone 4 so I can compare the two realtime anytime I like,
Saying the Galaxy S2 is big and clumsy is rediculas, its one of the thinnest smartphones ever produced!! Apple HAS to make the iPhone 5's display larger (4-4.3") because this is already becoming the norm, just look at all the disappointment reported by consumers when it was released the iPhone 4S kept the same 3.5" display!!

Collapse -
Look more closely at those larger displays
by Joshxy / October 16, 2011 10:50 AM PDT

Obviously you aren't aware that the Samsung 4.3" display has significantly less pixels than the iPhone 3.5" display.
OK you have poor eyesight, so you'll prefer the less data 4.3" display.

Collapse -
Look forward to Iphone5
by Cytherian2011 / October 7, 2011 3:59 PM PDT

Look forward to Iphone5 Blush

Collapse -
iphone 5
by dillyboy11 / October 18, 2011 3:10 PM PDT

everyone keeps talking about an iphone 5 but i dont think there will be one wouldnt it be called the iphone 6 because really the iphone 4s is the 5th iphone.

Collapse -
Could be true,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 18, 2011 10:03 PM PDT
In reply to: iphone 5

The "iPhone 5" was always a figment of the imagination of the media and was never even remotely suggested by Apple.

Collapse -
Them's fighting words most places *smile*
by Doh_1 / October 14, 2011 12:17 PM PDT

Apple fans will defend their Apple products to the death, it seems, whether it makes sense or not.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.