Tablets forum

iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Flyer, or HP Touchpad?

by superNES64 / April 14, 2011 10:04 AM PDT

I am in the market for a tablet but I am having a hard time choosing between the iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (The one coming in summer), HTC Flyer, and the HP Touchpad. I really like Android and WebOS but the iPad 2's Appstore and battery life is currently unbeatable. Then again I am not a biggest fan of apple and I really really am looking forward to the Touchpad but I would like some input.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Flyer, or HP Touchpad?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Flyer, or HP Touchpad?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Add a little more about the use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 14, 2011 10:35 AM PDT

For me I have to worry about bluetooth connectivity so my choices are limited. I am porting my apps from WinMo and PalmOS to Android so I have my reasons to pick this but not that tablet.

I can't say I would entertain the HP or the Playbook today. And if the iPad has "one last" feature the choice would be clear for me.

Tell a little more.

Collapse -
Galaxy Tab 10.1v or galaxy tab 10.1 another decision to make
by v14d / May 15, 2011 8:07 AM PDT

I have red a couple of days this article:
we don't have the thin model in Portugal yet but i am thinking to wait a bit more. what do you think?

Collapse -
Red flag!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 15, 2011 11:55 AM PDT
Collapse -
I prefer galaxy tab 10.1
by Bobtang5 / June 5, 2011 2:36 PM PDT

I have a xoom. i really like bigger screen and Android tablet . In my opnion i will choose galaxy tab 10.1.

BTW,In February Samsung revealed Galaxy tab 10.1, but after the iPad 2
event they reviewed and found their tablet not strong enough to compete
the iPad 2.Today's Galaxy tab 10.1 is thinner than iPad 2 and starts at $499 same as iPad
2.While there are a lot more tablets looming large on the horizon,both the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Apple iPad 2 come with their unique advantages and disadvantages.

I red an detailed comparison article of ipad 2 and galaxy tab 10.1 yesterday,maybe it helps you make a decision.
<a href=""><span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> </a>

Collapse -
Go with Samsung

I went for the Samsung Tab 7 when it came out instead of the iPad because it's closer to a pc (can play videos) and because it's smaller (more mobile).

Even now, with the Samsung Tab 10.1, I'd get the Tab 7. It's cheaper and I prefer the smaller size. I wonder if the 10 will sell better than the 7.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.