How To forum

Question

ipad 2 cant be synced

by averynkh / July 14, 2013 1:01 AM PDT

i hardly backup or sync my ipad 2 coz i dun use it very often but i did barely update my apps regularly, backup and sync didnt have any problem before but well it just had, it couldnt be synced... when it reached the stage where indicating preparing for the changes, it just stopped, means updated app is not sync with my itunes, and the older one from ipad didnt delete.... may i know what properly will cause this?

but it seemed to be able to do the backup coz it did shown the last backup date on Summary page

please help...

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ipad 2 cant be synced
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ipad 2 cant be synced
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
correct
by averynkh / July 14, 2013 1:09 AM PDT
In reply to: ipad 2 cant be synced

sorry, some mistake it is "waiting for the changes to be applied", and my ios version is 6.1.3

please help...

Collapse -
I don't think there is help for that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 14, 2013 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: correct
Collapse -
nope
by averynkh / July 14, 2013 11:56 PM PDT

it is unsolved in that thread
i am sure the sync wasnt done
coz usually the latest app will be adding in and the older version from ipad will be deleted into bin
thats what i used to know and iphone does that way

and while at that stage, it just stop
newer version of apps didnt sync into ipad...

Collapse -
It was resolved for some.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2013 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: nope

Some find that waiting does indeed clear it up. If yours didn't finish and given the rather slim details I think you are thinking like the new consumers I'm encountering. That is, there is a button to click to fix it. Sadly I'm finding that this area is a minefield of issues but so far, if there is nothing wrong with the host (Windows or Apple PC) then it will eventually finish.

I'm encountering folk that bought an iPad and then expect Apple to fix their Windows PC or make iTunes "deal" with PC issues.

Try this on another PC and my bet it will sync there or at the Apple shop.
Bob

Collapse -
err
by averynkh / July 18, 2013 11:41 PM PDT

i have tried many methods man

i restored my ipad twice and of coz i chose restore from backup
or i should restore as new ipad and test again
if nth happened or what, i then restore again from backup?
will backup missing if i restore as new ipad?
i am not sure about this

and something had happened after restoring
some existing apps couldnt be re-installed from itunes
so, i have to delete them from ipad one by one
and reinstall again from app store from ipad
then i sync again, and of coz...
brand new app still cant sync into itunes

then, i uninstalled itunes, but apparently it is difficult to completely remove coz after i reinstalled,
the contents are still inside, i searched and said i need to do many steps to had it completely removed
i afraid it might affect other softwares, so i didnt dare to give it a try

also, i uninstalled few apps that i installed lately and sync
it still couldnt work
it just stop and finished at the stage where "waiting or preparing changes to be applied"

my iphone still working fine
as, whatever app i updated or installed new app
once i hit sync in itunes, the older existing app will be deleted and new app will be transfer into itunes
all these are no longer happened to my ipad, it used to
i know i can select transfer purchase from ipad to itunes
but this is not a solution right...

Collapse -
weird
by averynkh / July 18, 2013 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: err

it is very very weird
i usually check off the option "Automatically sync new app" in App's section in itunes
both iphone and ipad
they used to work right...

i just checked it on for my ipad, and new app manage to sync into itunes like it used to

iphone still work as it is with that option OFF
and my iphone is jailbroken, ipad no jailbreaking

can tell me what is it now?
i am confused

Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 19, 2013 2:36 AM PDT
In reply to: weird

I'm not on your PC so I can't diagnose it exactly. However when I see this issue I always pull out a plain jane laptop and go for sync there. If it works on the other computer I know there is a PC issue.

It does not tell us what it is and that brings up a really good question. I would write it like this -> What was this industry thinking?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.