Smart Home & Appliances forum

General discussion

iomega zip drive vs windows vista

by pc_tech2008 / May 5, 2008 1:32 PM PDT

anyone running zip 250 usb on windows vista?
does it work.

Is windows vista compatable with zip drive?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iomega zip drive vs windows vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iomega zip drive vs windows vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Plug it it. It'll either work or it won't.
by Coryphaeus / May 6, 2008 8:52 AM PDT

Have you been to the Iomega site and looked for Vista drivers or information?

Collapse -
iomega zip drive vs windows vista
by sidel1932 / December 9, 2008 8:15 PM PST

In answer to pc_tech2008's inquiry, I have been trying to install an Iomega zip 250 (model Z250USBPCM or model Z250USBPCMBP) on my new Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 laptop - so far without success.

Is there a way? Has anyone succeeded? Have others tried and failed? I hope it is possible and someone can tell me how to do it.

Thanks.
sidel1932

Collapse -
Iomega 250 Atapi and Vista
by auspup / December 10, 2008 7:29 AM PST

If you go to the Iomega User Forum the moderator will tell you that the only Zip that works with Vista is the USB model. Unlike Iomega which claims on its web site that ALL their Zip Drives work with ALL operating systems which you and I and the moderator knows is a flat out lie. They'd love to sell you lots more Zip Disks for your non-functional drive.

Collapse -
Iomega 250 - problems installing on Vista
by sidel1932 / December 12, 2008 4:49 AM PST

Thanks, auspup. That is helpful (Shows that I can't put full confidence in Iomega claims/responses).

I am still unable to get either of my Iomega 250 drives (both USB models) recognized/installed on my Win Vista Home Premium laptop.

The Iomega forum moderator has responded that he is looking for the name of the Win Vista driver - no luck so far as of a couple of days ago.

I'm still hoping I can install the drive, and I'm posting to at least a couple of relevant forums.

sidel1932

Collapse -
Lucky
by auspup / December 12, 2008 5:42 AM PST

It's a lucky thing that yours are USB. Mine is ATAPI internal and there is no hope in spite of what Iomegea says officially of getting it to work Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.