Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

intuit.com reviews

by BlindaGirl / November 11, 2009 2:01 PM PST

I would like to get some reviews of intuit.com web services. Any experiences?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: intuit.com reviews
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: intuit.com reviews
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Intuit is a JOKE!
by tkoral / February 8, 2010 3:31 AM PST
In reply to: intuit.com reviews

First of all, they rant and rave about their expansive website options, which are all but none. If you have a Mac, forget about being able to use their ridiculously non-user friendly website builder. Their toll free number is automated for like, 30 prompts and will disconnect you if you don't know what you're looking for because the options don't apply to you. When you get to a live person, they give you incorrect information, i.e. telephone numbers, departments, hours, prices. This company is an absolute joke. You seriously think treating customers this way will get you business? Intuit has to be crazy!! RUN AWAY!

Collapse -
Yes it is
by sbeena40 / February 10, 2010 12:46 AM PST
In reply to: Intuit is a JOKE!

any DIYS website is a joke for serious business.

Collapse -
Intuit is a Joke
by colbee58 / September 20, 2010 7:18 PM PDT

Tkoral & others, I was thinking of using this service and thought I'd do a couple of checks to find out what I could about the company. From the sound of it you have saved me some heartache had I gone ahead without a little research. Thanks for your effort

Collapse -
Bascially this
by talks_44 / December 30, 2011 4:37 AM PST

Can't really add much to it than that.

Collapse -
Big probs w/ Intuit phone system and website
by blip99 / May 5, 2012 1:43 AM PDT

I had the same problems with Intuit. I responded to Google's California Get Your Business Online (first year free) program, which is a collaboration between Google and Intuit, and getting through to Intuit by phone to talk to a live person was impossible unless you have some kind of order number (I called like ten times trying to get through.) They don't have any online chat with a rep system either. When I finally got through to a live person (I think I fished around online until I ran into the phone number of the corporate offices or some hard-to-find Intuit phone number), the rep on the phone told me something completely different than the website was telling me. The website was telling me that when I signed up they were going to give me a lousy subdomain name instead of a domain name. Some underhanded web hosting companies do that and then make money by advertising on your parked domain name, so I immediately became suspicious.

Collapse -
INTUIT RIPOFF - beware
by kimh63 / August 6, 2010 7:14 PM PDT

To trial the software you have to give your creditcard details DON"T. The deal is if you continue to use the software after the month trial they will debit your account $4.99 per month.

I didn't use the software, it was useless. So i tried to cancel straight away. I tried via email and they would not accept it. I had do it over the phone. The two phone numbers they have on the site are always answered with ' this network is currently unavailable. I have tried 6 times to cancel before the trial period was up and 4 months later i still haven't succeeded. They have been debiting my account $24 every month. Why $24?? Why not make $240 - rip off ********. The bank credits me everytime but i have to call every month to lodge a new dispute.

Collapse -
TOTAL RIPOFF
by ferndleon / December 12, 2010 5:26 AM PST

I tried the web creator and it is horrible, not only that but their customer service is non existent; to make an account free or not you need to give your credit card which they WILL NOT allow you to cancel. I just spent the last hour on the phone waiting to be transferred to a representative so I can cancel my subscription to just be disconnected. Of course its not able to be done online to make it more difficult for you to cancel, I have to now call my credit card company and tell them that these people are going to bill me even though I tried to cancel my membership. Probably have to feeze the card as well...

If you're after a truly FREE service try MOONFRUIT
excellent in my opinion, I have my site there and the free account is free (no credit cards). There are other features (if you upgrade) that you need to pay for if you like increased bandwidth or increased file hosting but thats a given on any site

Collapse -
Agreed: Unusable!
by CircaSteve / December 21, 2010 1:00 AM PST
In reply to: TOTAL RIPOFF

I, like ferndleon have nothing good to say about Intuit. I spent around 8 hours all up trying to use the builder but came up with nothing that I would want to be associated with! The help service got me NOWHERE and I cancelled my membership (not unlike the above, Intuit have my credit card details).

The free trial im on now (Cubender) is already leagues ahead of the aforementioned. It's so much easier to use. Ive learnt website builders are never truly free you get compromised with advertising or restricted with accessibility which is why ill pay for cubender and not have to deal with any of that.

Collapse -
INTUIT
by BOB_HEROLD / February 15, 2011 11:22 AM PST

THESE PROGRAMS..QUICKEN, TURBO TAX ARE A TOTAL DISASTER IF YOU NEED ANY KIND OF TECH SUPPORT. PLUS THE START-UP PROCEDURES ARE ANOTHER NIGHTMARE.

Collapse -
Intuit Might not Be SO Bad
by eliztaylorp / April 26, 2011 12:38 AM PDT

I use Windows and I had NO problems using their website builder. I easily and quickly achieved my goal of setting up my own website. FYI their customer service is helpful, timely and efficient. Upon signing up, I received a confirmation email and ON THE LAST LINE they gave me a 1-800 support number, the days and hours they are open, and THEIR TIME ZONE. I am Eastern Time and Intuit is Pacific Time. Since they open at 7 AM PT, I did some math and since they're 3 hours behind my time, I called them at 10:00 AM sharp. My call was answered immediately by a friendly staff member and my request to close my Intuit Website account was completed in less than 5 minutes.

Collapse -
its a joke
by Intuitsucks / December 13, 2011 1:27 PM PST

i have wasted countless hours on the phone with third rate customer service. with crappy software that doesnt talk to its own sister software and i have called them out on facebook to only have my post delete. as this economy is tanking these people pray on your wallet and leave you with JUNK. the
CEO cant back his company because he knows how bad it is. i am pushing my states attorney general to investigate them.
Apple has something in the works and when thats available that will i hope put this money hungry company down for good.

Collapse -
meh
by MrAdamDavies / December 20, 2011 10:01 PM PST

Intuits mobile payment system has serious vulnerabilities which means I won't be using it.

Collapse -
RUN! RUN! as fast as you can and don't look back!!!
by rug1964 / January 22, 2012 8:11 AM PST

After giving intuit thousands of dollars to build my site they said "oops...your from Canada there for we can't set up your merchant account or your shipping account with your shipping vendor" This I had to do on my own by hiring another company for $1500.00!!

Collapse -
Intuit sucks...total rip off
by missmelnel / May 29, 2012 12:17 PM PDT

I've been using intuit to process my credit card payments through my quickbooks for the last couple years. Turns out they have been ripping me off big time with their monthly fee $54 per month, transaction fee 5.5% and then an additional usage fee. I just signed up at Citibank. $9 per month, 2.8% transaction fee. They will save me bigtime. Plus this is not an introductory rate. I'm really upset that I've been ripped off for this long, but maybe I can help other business owners avoid the same fate. Don't use Intuit. They suck! And they make it a pain in the *** to cancel. Total mark of con artistry.

Collapse -
Word of advice
by missmelnel / May 29, 2012 12:23 PM PDT

Any business that puts me on hold for more than 5 min. of my precious life, I simply hang up on and call my credit card company immediately. I have done this several times and the credit card company's usually resolve my problem in 5 min. They block any future charges by these bogus companies and will fight to refund money they have already charged. Do not waste your time on hold with a company who does not want to cancel. They count on people giving up. Call your credit card company and get it done. They will fight for you.

Collapse -
I SUGGEST EVERYONE DROP INTUIT - THEY ARE THIEVES
by jjkhawaiian / November 10, 2012 11:41 AM PST

My Dad has been webhosted on another sitebuilder company and bought a domain name and has been fine all these years. He owns the domain as the "Registrant". Just this year, that company was bought out by SATAN (Intuit).
My Dad and I have created an LLC and he thought he can purchase the company's domain name and host our company website using the same methods and same procedure as before. Now he is having problems publishing his old site because they are saying he needs to upgrade paying $599/year. Currently, our company's website is showing a "not constructed, yet" message, which is ok because we haven't built it, just bought the space.
Using whois (dot) com, we found out we DON'T own the registered domain name, some "unnamed" company in Ontario, Canada owns it as the "Registrant";probably Intuit. Now we don't even own the domain name, if we decide to move to another webhost, we may have to pay them to release the ownership as the registrant.

MY SUGGESTION!?!? Stop using all intuit products, and for goodness sake, don't register your domain name through them.

Collapse -
Intuit Website Development - GREAT IDEA BAD SOLUTION!
by RamboRick / December 6, 2012 12:13 AM PST

WORSE SERVICE EVER!

THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO ME AN DID THEIR OWN THING!
NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY OVER 800.00 FOR A SITE I WILL NOT USE! AFER 6MONTH I GOT A SITE THAT DID NOT DO WHAT I WANTED AND LOOKS UN PROFESSIONAL. A KID COULD HAVE MADE IT LOOK BETTER!

THEY ONT RELEASE MY DOMAIN NAMEUNTIL I PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKES!

NEVER! EVER USE THEM! EVER!!!

RAMBO RICK

Collapse -
Intuit is the worst Host, High Price, not friendly! BAD!
by mountainh2o / March 28, 2013 4:00 PM PDT

Intuit By Homestead Website Hosting Company is extremely high priced! They say they are 7 dollars a month or whatever on their site, but I know no one that has paid that. Everyone is paying 60 or 70 a month!

Intuit By Homestead Website Hosting Company also has a terrible bad website builder! You can not transfer it, move it, save it, and is a waste of building time and energy. If you have spent a lot of time there, it will all be wasted and all lost once you do want to go to a professional site at all. Most people that want do to more with their website, fight it from day one. There is no way to get the information off of intuit other than cut and paste little things like paragraphs. Bad website builder! Once you build it there, you are stuck!

Intuit By Homestead Website Hosting Company is also RUDE! We moved a domain name from intuit, and instead of leaving the information up through the period that was already paid for, they immediately took it down! WE COULD NOT get the information off of the site, Was paid through the month too, they immediately took it down so we could not cut and paste anything off of the original site.

Intuit by Homestead Website Hosting Company WILL shut you down if you do decide to move the site to a different host and registrar, and have a professional work on it or want to do it somewhere else.

Do not use Intuit! Software is Bad, Prices are terribly high, and Intuit are simply not nice people if you do decide to move your website!

Collapse -
Intuit payment solulions
by jd5015 / September 17, 2013 3:21 PM PDT

First off I want to say this is the worst company I've ever dealt with. They provided me with the carder for my phone. I used it about 3 days. Then the money never came. I called and they referred me to their risk management. I was given instructs on how to get my money. I provided all necessary file requests. Still no money. So I make my 3rd call. They say they are holding the funds for a few more days. A week goes by. I call again. After 45 minutes on hold i finally get someone. He tells me the funds are not going to be released for 90 days. Sorry. I say why. he says they wait for chargeback. Now we are talking about payments for my customer who come to my store every month. Have been for 2 years. All payments have cleared their banks. All I can say Is did not use this company for credit card processing. They make money by not releasing your money to you. This is a sad business!! I file a complaint with the bbb in L.A.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.