Samsung

General discussion

Internet@TV - "Network Interference" -- LN40C650

by rklippel / March 1, 2011 1:07 PM PST

I have a LN40C650 that about two days ago stopped allowing me access to the Samsung Apps to download new Apps. Programs that were already downloaded and installed work just fine. When I click the Samsung Apps menu button in Internet@TV, I receive the message "Network Interference Occurred. Try Again Later."

Just this evening, none of my Apps work. Even the downloaded ones that worked just a short time ago are also experiencing "Network Interference".

I have changed nothing in my network settings nor experiencing any problems with any other devices in my home on my wireless connection. This issue seems to have conicided with a software update (I was recently prompted to update to 2011/01/31_001035), but I am not sure. It does seem to be a more widespread issue though as others on CNET have come across this problem in recent days: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6035_102-518504-0.html?tag=rb_content;forums06

Is this a more generalized widespread problem that users should wait out? Or is there a solution I can look into? Can anyone please help? I have received different answers from Chat Support (which suggested a reset, which has done nothing for others with the same problem), to Phone Reps who said the server was down for varying amounts of time and were not entirely helpful.

Please help as I purchased the LN40C650 over other TVs for the App features, and also have UN55C8000 waiting in the box that I am now very concerned with have the same problem if I choose to set it up.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet@TV - "Network Interference" -- LN40C650
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet@TV - "Network Interference" -- LN40C650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Network interference
by chirabbit / March 2, 2011 3:25 AM PST

I have got the same problem. It has started around 02/23/2011.
Samsung support could not help.

Collapse -
Network interference
by dcarcopo / March 29, 2011 8:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Network interference

My Tv has been doing this for a week or so. I'm getting a runaround from Samsung.

Collapse -
Stop the runaround.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2011 9:03 AM PDT

Samsung does not support your internet connections or your network. It's sad they don't come out and just say it.

Over in the Cnet Networking forum is a top post for folk to try when it comes to networking a Samsung product.
Bob

Collapse -
Wrong Bob
by dcarcopo / March 31, 2011 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Stop the runaround.

It supported the network connection for 2 months. I've changed nothing in my set up. It started after a request for a manditory firmware update from Samsung.

Why dont you read what people type before you make frivolous statements that have no value or bearing on a problem many of us are experiencing.

If you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Collapse -
Let's hope you find your answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Wrong Bob

While I'd like to help you out, you may be too upset to work the issues. Samsung for example does not come to your rescue if your ISP does not resolve the name on the ISP's DNS.

I've offered a workaround for that but your reply sounds as if you don't want to try that.

If you want to take this up with Samsung, please do!
Bob

Collapse -
I have 5 friends with the same issue NETWORK INTERFERENCE.
by dcarcopo / March 29, 2011 9:49 AM PDT

This isnt widespread? 5 people in the same city have the same issue on the same date is not a fluke.

I have model UN40C7000WFXZA

SERIAL: Z1XN3CTZ300227M

VERSION: SQO1

IT WORKED 2 MONTHS, NOTHING HAS CHANGED AS FAR AS MY SET UP.
NO APPS WILL WORK.
HELP ME

Collapse -
There was a recent server failure.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2011 9:53 AM PDT

And we have some event overseas that is possibly interfering with connections.

Do try the settings noted in the Cnet Network forum and I need to update that to note trying the OpenDNS DNS.

Yes, you can bet I hear you that most folk don't want to work at this or become network admins.
Bob

Collapse -
Network Interference
by rawdoc / March 30, 2011 10:39 AM PDT

Marlboro New York & Highland New York; on Opera, Google Chrome & Opera browsers. all have these messages on me & my buddy's computers. Plus all of a sudden my history lists 25 facebook logins attempted which I did not do ( I'm not on facebook)& opening results in blank pages. Registry errors (usually 20-60) all of a sudden jumped to 586. My buddy can't play videos. Browsers shut themselves off, messages of access denied which nevertheless permit access. Redirections to other websites. AVG on Mine Komodo on my buddy's show no malware or viruses

Collapse -
Redirections to other websites. IS A BIG CLUE.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2011 11:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Network Interference

There are redirects that normal antivirus don't find. I have a suspicion this happens to folk that have WEP or no security or use free wifi hotspots on their laptops. We can talk about why that's a bad thing but for now try GRIF'S SUGGESTIONS at this link:

Read Posts 4 and 5 at http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102-511037.html

Bob

Collapse -
Internet@TV - "Network Interference" -- LN40C650
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 3, 2011 8:15 AM PST

rklippel,

To those who have posted about the Internet@TV connection issue:

First of all, I'm sorry that some of you are having an issue accessing Internet@TV or some apps on the Samsung Apps platform. We have a team of people looking into this over the past few days. It is not a universal issue. In fact, it only appears to be effecting a very small percentage of Internet@TV users. This doesn't reduce the importance of the situation, of course, but I wanted you to know that we are not seeing issues across the network so we have to dig deep to find the root cause.

If you have a second, can you please share with me your product model number, the Internet Service Provider you are using, your state and (if possible) the latest firmware on your product. You check the firmware by pressing the following:

Menu > Support > Contact Samsung >

The model number can be found here:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/modelnumber.jpg
We are trying to see if there is any consistency between those of you who appear to be having connection issues.

We recognize that this is frustrating for those affected, and we appreciate your patience while we work to clarify the situation.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I have the same problem
by dispatchread / March 3, 2011 8:37 AM PST

TV Model: LN55C650L1F
ISP: comcast

This problem has been there for 10 days. I am really disappointed at engineers of Samsung. Especially after I heard that this problem has been reproduced from Samsung side.

Collapse -
firmware
by dispatchread / March 3, 2011 8:42 AM PST

I cannot remember the firmware version but I updated with the latest version last night.

Collapse -
I'm fed up
by dcarcopo / March 31, 2011 1:42 AM PDT

NO APPS WILL WORK.
HELP ME.

it sees the wifi connection full strength 5 bars. Will not connect. and then if i select net flix or facebook it says interference error.

I have time warner cable high speed broadband

THIS IS DEFINITELY DUE TO A FIRMWARE UPDATE. I WAS SENT A SAMSUNG REQUEST FOR A MANDATORY FIRMWARE UPDATE. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIX? WHY IS SAMSUNG TRYING TO ACT LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?

Collapse -
Yes, you are fed up.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 4:08 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm fed up

While I've run across this issue being Samsung and the ISP (see google), consumers today don't want to become networking gurus. But how can we avoid this when Samsung is not responsible for that ISP or a failure in some DNS somewhere?

That is, let's say this firmware changed from one server to another and said server name was not in your ISP's DNS.

In that scenario, would you care who's fault it is (no.)

This highlights that maybe it's time for a change. If you want to try some of the common fixes, we have a post in the CNET Networking forum and this is why I like to try the OpenDNS change noted at https://store.opendns.com/get/basic It's free and seems to solve the DNS issue.

Let me boil it down to one question. If the ISP's DNS doesn't have a Samsung server name, is that Samsung's fault?
Bob

Collapse -
Stop posting stupid things
by InfinityBall / June 11, 2011 3:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes, you are fed up.

You are one awful poster in this thread. If you bothered to look at what's going on, we have many people with many wireless devices on their internet connections, only one of which is having any sort of "DNS" (I'm skeptical about the cause) error.

This is a Samsung wireless card issue.

Collapse -
Let's say that is true.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 12, 2011 2:31 AM PDT

Then why post here? Call up 1800SAMSUNG and get it fixed.

Now that I've fixed this one too many times I can't fault Samsung. There are too many issues beyond Samsung's control such as DNS at the ISP and more.

But let's say your premise is true and sound. You now know what to do next.
Bob

Collapse -
Fixed?
by rklippel / March 3, 2011 11:32 AM PST

Samsung/Posters,

Samsung Apps menu is now working again for the first time in several days. Not sure if there was a change or update implemented but it seems all systems go at least for now. Hopefully others are having luck now as well.

Collapse -
network interference
by dcarcopo / March 30, 2011 6:03 PM PDT

NO APPS WILL WORK.
HELP ME.

it sees the wifi connection full strength 5 bars. Will not connect. and then if i select net flix or facebook it says interference error.

I have time warner cable high speed broadband

david

Collapse -
Just set it up and this happens....
by jreinosa / April 14, 2011 11:12 AM PDT

Model Code: LN40C650
Software Version: T-CALAUSC-1-35.0 2011/01/31_001035
ISP: Comcast

Collapse -
same problems
by SLO_User / April 14, 2011 2:07 PM PDT

Model: LN40C650
Firmware: 001035
ISP: Charter Cable

Purchased two days ago. Successfully connected to Neflix (the main reason for the purchase) but froze during downloading. Performed the firmware update...Netflix doesn't even load now...freezes at connecting. Get "network interference. try again later" message when trying to add new apps. Also considering returning.

Collapse -
UPDATE TO ABOVE
by SLO_User / April 15, 2011 1:21 AM PDT
In reply to: same problems

UPDATE: Internet@tv is now working. Finally able to download apps including Netflix update...Netflix is now working.

Collapse -
Any reason for it to work today?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2011 4:13 AM PDT
In reply to: UPDATE TO ABOVE

Did you change anything? Fix this or that?

Collapse -
None
by SLO_User / April 15, 2011 7:20 AM PDT

Apparently the network interference was no longer an issue today. I didn't change anything. Went to internet@tv this morning and downloaded youtube (previously I would get the network interference message) and watched a video. Also watched a video on Netflix.

Note: using a wired connection...not wireless at this point.

Collapse -
It is working!!
by jreinosa / April 15, 2011 7:11 PM PDT

Confirmed. I was able to download Netflix and other apps and use them. According to Samsung it was a server issue on their end.

Collapse -
Samsung tv info
by InfinityBall / June 11, 2011 3:51 PM PDT

PN58C7000. A) it takes 5+ minutes before the television will ever be able to connect to the internet for some reason. B) it frequently will simply not be connected when I try to use it (network interference). C) If I go into the network setup and redo the network from scratch, that will usually fix A and B. D) Disconnections with "network interference" messages afterwards are fairly common, and yes, this is on a max strength, 40 feet from wireless router connection

Collapse -
oops
by InfinityBall / June 11, 2011 3:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung tv info

Forgot to mention that this was on an AT&T DSL (Uverse) 12 mbps connection

Collapse -
oops
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 13, 2011 2:47 PM PDT
In reply to: oops

InfinityBall,

Collapse -
Same problem in Brazil
by adrprado / July 20, 2011 1:50 PM PDT
In reply to: oops

I have a UN55C6900 I bought about one month ago. Internet@TV was working pretty fine, despite the buggy behavior where a few apps were being automatically removed, like Vimeo app. But the connection was working until this July 17th where all video related apps (like Vimeo) were not able to connect to the Internet anymore. Other apps were working fine, like YouTube and other text apps.

Another broken connection was the Samsung Apps store itself, I couldn't access it. It kept trying about 1 minute and then a connection interference error message appeared.

It was then when I a had the silly idea to go to reset Internet@TV config (on setup menu). All my apps were deleted and it now shows a message "Connect to the Internet and enjoy variety of contents through Internet@TV...". Options Samsung Apps and Settings are grayed out, so I can't do anything.

Back to TV, I select the menu option Plug&Play > Network > Network Test and it passes successfully. I have a wired connection, with IP set to auto. DNS was set as auto as well, then after this issue I tried to change it to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) and it still fails.

I just unplugged the cable from my TV and connected it on my laptop, and it works like a charm. So what is really going on, Samsung? A DDoS attack to your network, like they did on Sony's?

Model: UN55C6900
Sw Version: T-VAL6XIBRC-1006.1
S/N: Z0EO3XEB100147L

Collapse -
It works!
by adrprado / July 20, 2011 2:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Same problem in Brazil

Wow, or Samsung helpdesk is the best I have ever seen or I just get lucky! Just after posting the message above, my Internet@TV has miraculously started working!

Collapse -
It works!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 21, 2011 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: It works!

adrprado,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.