Samsung forum

General discussion

internet tv - facebook setup error

by norstady / December 17, 2010 9:59 PM PST

Hi,

I just set up the Internet @ TV on my new LE40C750 today and tried adding/setting up the facebook account by;

1 - Creating an internet @ tv account
2 - Choosing the facebook connection setup
3 - Entering facebook id and password

But after pressing ok/enter it says the connection details are invalid (or some message to that effect). I've tried a few times and unhid the password to ensure I have put it in correctly and still no luck. As soon as I come onto the pc and try the same details, I log in.

Anyone else had this issue? Any idea how to resolve it? The id I'm using is a "@yahoo.co.uk" one (I'm in the UK).

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: internet tv - facebook setup error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: internet tv - facebook setup error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
internet tv - facebook setup error
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 19, 2010 8:54 PM PST

norstady,

When you start the Internet@TV App, try logging in using the red "A" button on the remote. After logging in, you should see your account name in the lower left hand side of the screen noting that you're logged into the account.

From there, you should be able to launch Facebook with your account credentials. Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
update
by norstady / December 20, 2010 6:28 AM PST

Hi.

I tried what you suggested (logged in and then tried connecting to facebook) but when I started the facebook app it said something like "only registered users can use this - sign up to the service in your account". So when I go back to settings and try to register my facebook account I get the original error where user id or password is invalid.

Also - I just updated to the latest firmware (T-VALDEUC_3005.1) and when I go to internet@tv it says an update is required. It downloads a yahoo update but then an error occurs (when, I assume, it tries installing the update).

Initial impressions of internet@tv are not so good!

Collapse -
update -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 20, 2010 10:54 AM PST
In reply to: update

norstady,

So did you go into the settings and create an account with a four digit password in the TV? If not, do that and then log in to your account using the red "A" button. Then add your profile information.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
update
by norstady / December 21, 2010 3:47 AM PST
In reply to: update -

Hi,

Yes I have created my internet@tv account (which requires the 4 digit PIN to be set). I then go to the section where you manage your apps (I can't remember what it's called, but it has Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and one more) and try to register my Facebook account. That is where I get the invalid user id or password.

Collapse -
you have to add the facebook account to the internet@tv ID
by snafu169 / January 2, 2011 7:31 AM PST
In reply to: update

you have to set it up in internet@tv ID

Collapse -
Problem logging into Facebook
by rcostello87 / December 21, 2010 1:25 AM PST

I also am having trouble logging into Facebook using Internet@TV. I did press the red A and I do see that I am logged in and my user name is showing on the bottom left hand corner. When I go to "Manage your App account" in the Login ID area under settings, I enter my Facebook User Name and Password and I keep getting "invalid ID". I know for sure both my ID and password are correct. Please help.

Collapse -
Recover your password
by careygold / December 20, 2010 5:06 PM PST

I can understand your problem.I think you should try on forget password then you can recover your password.May be this can help you!

Collapse -
Same Problem.
by bnpatten / December 30, 2010 11:23 AM PST

I have exactly the same problem. My LED series 7000 3D is brand new and this password logic seems to not work very well. I created an internet TV name and password, logged in, and went to Manage Apps. I try to connect to facebook but in continually says 'Invalid userid or password'. i know they are correct. unfortunately, printed directions are useless. Everything but internetTV seems to work well, and i'm definitely on the internet, as i get Youtube (doesn't require a username and password).

Collapse -
Same problem
by Pharmdiegans / January 2, 2011 1:12 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problem.

I followed the idea of logging in under the red A and then re entered my user name and PW under user settings and 20 minutes later, it's working. I did notice my Netflix is only pulling up a few videos for watch it now on my tv. It's not bringing up the full version of netflix. Am I doing something wrong?

Collapse -
it does work, just confusing at first
by snafu169 / January 2, 2011 3:10 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem

Hi guys,

I bought a Samsung BluRay player a couple months back... BDC-6500 and it took me several tries to get it right. The first step is setting up in the App manager with your 4 digit code... this is in SETTings > and then Internet@TV Login ID > Here you will add Facebook, Twitter etc... login /pass for each of these types of accounts.... the 4 digit password will act as the central login for each of these.... so if you want to login to 3 different Facebook accounts then each person will setup their own 4 digit "Internet@TV Login ID"... so once you do that you want to be on the screen where you see all the APP Icons and in the lower Right there is a RED A that says login ( or log out) so press A and you will be prompted to pu in the 4 digit Password... then it should say.... Log out... meaning you are logged in Happy

so now you can click on Face book and it will login... dont get too excited about it either as it wont look like your computers browser facebook page...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.