Samsung forum

General discussion

Internet problem with Serie 5 LED TV

by jrojas7667 / May 29, 2010 2:33 PM PDT

Hi all!!!

I have an internet problem with my new samsung serie 5 LED TV, I am trying to connect it to internet with a laptop Internet Connection Shared but it doesn't work, I already test my laptop config with a xbox 360 aqnd it was succesfull, but when I connect it to my TV it doesnt work, when I test internet connection, TV passes the LAN connection but fails in the last step "Internet connection" Any suggest about it?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet problem with Serie 5 LED TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet problem with Serie 5 LED TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Serie 5 Led TV withou internet connection
by jrojas7667 / May 30, 2010 11:28 AM PDT

The model is UN32C5000 and I cannot connect to the internet I get the error mentioned above.

I hope anyone could help me

Collapse -
FIOS Internet
by eeichler / May 31, 2010 12:22 AM PDT

If you have FIOS internet, that could be the source of your problem.

Collapse -
Internet problem with Serie 5 LED TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 1, 2010 7:42 AM PDT

jrojas7667,

It doesn't work with a laptop-shared Internet Connection. The WIS09ABGN or WIS10ABGN LinkStick or a wired connection are required to connect to the Internet.

--HDTech

Collapse -
TV link to laptop
by jw650 / June 1, 2010 7:50 PM PDT

Not sure how it relates to your setup, but I have had a TV working through a laptop (XP) using a bridged connection between two wired network ports. I did this before I acquired a local LAN switch. I previously tried bridging to the laptop's wireless port, but my router wouldn't handle DLNA over wireless - I expect the Internet@TV functions could have been OK, though I don't remember the details.

This might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309640

Collapse -
FIXED!!!!
by jrojas7667 / June 3, 2010 1:38 PM PDT

Hi everybody, finally it works, I could connect to internet through my laptop via Internet Connection Share, I configured the TV with DHCP and it connects to internet, I fixed the Issue disabling the Windows firewall it causes me a headache Happy

Now I have another big question, what is it useful for =?
What can I do on my TV? It ran the network test and the internet connection was successful. Can I visit a web page or something like that?

Thanks to all for your help

Collapse -
FIXED!!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 4, 2010 2:48 PM PDT
In reply to: FIXED!!!!

jrojas7667,

I wasn't aware you could do that. Nicely done.

While there aren't any Apps available on that model (and no web pages on any of our models this year), you can stream content from your PC to your TV, and also perform updates for your TV if updates become available.

--HDTech

Collapse -
and then what?
by old_kiwi / February 9, 2011 5:09 PM PST
In reply to: FIXED!!!!

I connected my TV ua40c5000 via LAN port at the back to a router. It sets up automatically, passes the test and then what? What can we do with the connection?

The manual says (page 23) quote You can set up your TV so that it can access the Internet through your LAN using wired or wireless connection endquote.

There is no mention of additional Apps, don't you think it is supposedly ready to access the internet?
Thank you in advance mr HD_Tech, I am looking forward to hearing your advice.

Collapse -
and then what
by sunlaker / February 9, 2011 10:46 PM PST
In reply to: and then what?

that's it your done. There are no apps for that model. You can hook your TV to your PC and use a file share program. There is no internet at TV on that model. If your tv needs an upgrade it will go directly to the Samsung site to find it.

Collapse -
How to i actually browse web pages?
by drippengale / September 14, 2012 8:54 PM PDT

Hi there

I have a series 5 Samsung tv and want to watch movies from lovefilm on it. I bought the WIS12ABGNX Wireless Wi-Fi USB Adaptor which allows me to connect to the internet wirelessly. This works fine but where do i find a browser on the tv to actually access the internet? I can't see any way of doing it?

I don't have a laptop just a standalone Apple Mac. Do i need to connect my mac to the tv somehow? If so can i do it wirelessly?

Many thanks in advance

Collapse -
Re: How to actually browse web pages?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 17, 2012 12:54 AM PDT

Hi drippengale,

Generally, any browser will be prominently displayed. But I can check to see if your model should have a browser; please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Connection issue with UN40EH5305 LED TV
by CrazySnowman / December 18, 2012 7:27 PM PST

I'm having an issue with internet connection as well. The TV model is UN40EH5305

The home network setup I'm using looks like this:
I have a router that provides wired connection to my PC and wireless connection to laptops, phone, xbox, etc..
My TV is in a different room and I am using an Zyxel access point in universal repeater mode as a connection point. It connects to TV with an Ethernet cable.

The automatic network setup assigns a proper IP/subnet/gateway/... to TV. It is listed among other devices connected to router as well. It can be pinged from my PC and I can access shared files from local network.
However, it cannot get Internet access. Network test fails on the gateway ping stage.

I connected other devices to the exact same Ethernet cable and all of them got connection without issues.
I was advised to update my firmware to the latest version by Samsung support, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions? I'm actually a bit confused here...

Collapse -
Re: Connection issue with UN40EH5305 LED TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 19, 2012 12:11 AM PST
Collapse -
We've seen that fail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2012 1:39 AM PST

Over repeaters this fails a lot. I've had much better luck with client modes. If a direct ethernet line works, there is some issue with the bridge devices.

And no, I have rarely fixed the bridge devices. I replace them. Very upsetting to consumers that paid 100 bucks for a device that I can't fix, use or work around.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: Connection issue with UE40EH5305 LED TV
by CrazySnowman / December 19, 2012 3:42 AM PST
In reply to: We've seen that fail.

Thank you for fast replies!

Sorry, my bad. the model is UE40EH5305.I've tested network connection without any other devices being online to minimize traffic and got same result. Power cycle didn't help either.

Thanks for the tip about access point operation mode. I'll try it in client mode as soon as I can!

Collapse -
Good luck and please?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2012 3:51 AM PST

Please avoid posting in old discussions. I have a lot more about networking with Samsung posted in the CNET Networking Forum under "Samsung Owners Start Here."
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.