I've probably reached the end of the internet trying to solve this problem, hope you can help.
My laptop is running on XP, just had a new HD installed. I connect to my wireless fine, but can't seem to download anything large, such as Firefox installer. Results are inconsitent, specifically, the download progess bar will get anywhere from 5 to 75% before pausing, or a file is downloaded incomplete and is thus corrupt.
What's strange is the first few days I had got my computer back, it was able to download large files with ease.
- I am able to play YouTube videos all the way through
- My HD/Cache has plenty of space
- I'm not saving downloads on my desktop
- I recently uninstalled my Anti-Virus to see if that was the problem, it was not
- My roommate's downloads via wireless work fine, so it must be my computer's settings
Any tips? Again, my computer will not complete the downloading files larger than ~3MB (the specific MB figure, I'm not sure of). Thanks for your help!
Smart tech for smart students
Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.