Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Internet Explorer opening multiple instances

by HilmarGun / February 11, 2013 9:54 PM PST

Hi,

Some of my users about 5 of 50 have ben reporting that when opening google.com and making a search multiple instances are opened untill it is stopped. We are using Nod32 Business edition and it is not finding anything. This sure sounds like some kind of virus but i have searched and not come across anything that can explain this.

Now other users have started to get a robot warning window and need to type in a captcha.

I appriciate any help i can get.

Best regards.

/Hilmar

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet Explorer opening multiple instances
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet Explorer opening multiple instances
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Below the CAPTCHA..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / February 12, 2013 12:05 AM PST

For those who see a "warning window", does it say below the CAPTCHA....

'Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?

IF so, also see "Unusual traffic from your computer network "

Or this thread titled, "I need to fill out a CAPTCHA to search Google" which points to your ISP.:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/_p6DX6sQ4i8

IF not...it would help to know which version of IE it is. And if it occurs using another browser.

Best of luck ..
Carol

Collapse -
Check the response..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / February 12, 2013 11:58 PM PST
In reply to: Below the CAPTCHA..

Hilmar..

Check the (recent) response at the other forum you posted at.

The scanning tools they suggested should help determine if your thought of it being 'some kind of virus' is indeed the case.

Furthered good luck..
Carol

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.