Windows 7

Question

Internet everywhere problem

by HowardMashango / March 17, 2012 4:20 PM PDT

Hi people pliz help me troubleshoot. i have bought the internet everywhere dongle 2 months back and when i try to use it, ths error es displayed - "Internet everywhere has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". i went to Orange and they said the problem might be the O/S bt my technician checked it and its ok. i was givn a patch application at orange and still the problem is nt solved. um using Windows 7 Home Basic laptop, Intel Pentium processor P6100 with a 3GB ddr3 memory nd 320GB HDD. but it works well with my Pentium 4 desktop.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet everywhere problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet everywhere problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The clue might be "Home Basic laptop"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2012 8:08 AM PDT

I'm guessing this is some value laptop. Here I have this very low netbook and it does that once in awhile because it's just a slow thing.

Too bad the make and model was not revealed as some laptops do have issues like that.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Your post is a bit ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 23, 2012 9:05 PM PDT

difficult to understand with all the cutsie abreviations. Technical problems require accurate information that might be missed due to errors in translating the message.

That said, I am ASSUMING that you have installed the software and that it was working at some point but no longer functions.

It might help to know which Internet Everywhere package you have - capped plan or unlimited as you might get that message if you have exceeded the cap (can't say as I don't have Orange)

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing EVERYTHING including the SIM just as if you just got the USB package? If not this link might help -
http://www.orange.ug/mobile-plans/pdfs/Internet_Everywhere_Manual.pdf

Have you tried their Self Help? You can access it through this link -
http://www.orange.ug/mobile-plans/iew-selfhelp.php

You might also read through this ENTIRE THREAD (4 pages) as post # 8 seems to have eventually helped after the person with the problem did all suggested IN ORDER and without skipping steps.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2747320

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.