Windows Vista

Question

Internet Connectivity Issue

by CGrube / March 26, 2013 2:07 AM PDT

I had to do a full restore on my Dell Desktop. Since I have done that, the computer will not connect to the internet. I have updated the wireless driver (Netgear) and I even brought the computer downstairs so I could plug it directly into the router.

The wireless network continues to show a message: "The capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network" (Note- this is the same adapter as had been used previously with no problem, before I did the restore"

I have also plugged in directly to the LAN and while it shows connectivity, I am not able to get online. Any help?

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Internet Connectivity Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Internet Connectivity Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Why did you reload the OS?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 2:52 AM PDT

Was this about connections that didn't?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090629193138AAvZEh9

After the reload, the pre-installed antivirus can expire instantly and with Norton/Kapersky/others disabling internet connections (for your safety) I tend to think that's thuggish behavior and have learned to do without their services.
Bob

Collapse -
Slow Computer
by CGrube / March 26, 2013 4:14 AM PDT

The computer was running slow and after a number of other attempts at fixing it, I opted for a full system restore.

I had seen that response before and have no idea how to reconfigure from 802.11g to 802.11b (I believe in this case, it is actually 802.11n, but right now, I could not tell you how I found that information.

Thanks, Bob

Collapse -
There's a fine clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Slow Computer

If the router was set to 802.11n exclusively I'd expect that message.

Collapse -
802.11n
by CGrube / March 26, 2013 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: There's a fine clue.

Is that something I could/should change?

Collapse -
Sorry
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 7:07 AM PDT
In reply to: 802.11n

But I missed what router it was so I can't be specific. Try 802.11g or mixed mode too.
Bob

Collapse -
Fios
by CGrube / March 26, 2013 9:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

How do I change that?

Collapse -
It appears we can't change it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 10:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Fios

I think that since the make, model of the router is unknown and you have asked twice I can't help here UNLESS we consider installing/using an 802.11n adapter.

I know some owners can't change any FIOS router settings so when that happens you use other solutions. It's cheaper than calling the cable guy.

Example at http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/13983791/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_4_last

I see #1 there to be under 13 bucks.
Bob

Collapse -
Fios Router
by CGrube / March 26, 2013 10:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Fios

My Network adapter is the Netgear WG111v2, I was able to get the necessary updates to the computer via flash drive. The router option on that is 802.11g (That I can find at least) The Router is Verizon Fios, which i believe is 802.11n.

I see that the signal is strong, but there is no connectivity.

Bob, thanks for taking the time.

Collapse -
That stick came out in 2004.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2013 10:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Fios Router

I know it's no consolation but 9 years of service was pretty good.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks
by CGrube / March 26, 2013 12:21 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.